Geo-Coins?

I took matters into my own hands due to a lack of funds for things like this. I have made my own out of wood using a woodburner to do the artwork. They are kind of crude looking but I have fun making them and have incorporated a few designs in different shapes. I have an example of my creations on my website.

www.geogeek65.com.

[This message was edited by Geogeek65 on June 25, 2003 at 11:04 PM.]

Ok...an after thought here. I love collecting unique tokens, coins and stuff cachers have made or had produced. If anybody would like to trade tokens/coins with me that would be appreciated. This is a practical way to accumulate items since I will most likely never cache in some areas of the country. Shoot me an e-mail if interested.

ed@geogeek65.com

Hi GroundClutter. I used a carving block that I got at my local crafts store. It is an eraser type material, and only cost a couple of bucks. I made a rough sketch of my design, and my wife, who is very creative with a greating card program she has, designed it on the computer. Then I used tracing paper to transfer the design to the carving block per MountainMudbugs instructions. Good luck with your project. Be sure to post a picture of your finished product here.

quote:

Originally posted by Crusso:

As far as my original chips... I initially made them under what I interpreted was the nonprofit clause in the logo usage guidelines. I didn't realize what a can of worms I was opening. When the whole logo thing became an issue I stopped making them & contacted Groundspeak several times offering to turn over my artwork to them. I even sent them sample chips & all my company contact info in case they wanted to offer them through the online store. I never got any response but didn't want to chance any problems with "The Powers That Be" so I never had any new chips reissued

I too seeked permission for logo usage under the non profit clause. I provided them with the jpeg of your chip that was posted on the pokerchips.com site. I Figured since it they approved your chips, mine would be approved instantly. However, to my surprise the said no to the use of the round logo. No modification at all are permitted. So I asked for them to provide me with a logo that I could use and they sent me what is now on the chip. I would have personnally liked the round logo it looks much better on a chip/coin.

Doublestuff

Team Oreo Cookies

Anyone interested in another order of pokerchips from pokerchips.com? Minimum order is 300 at .85 cents each so would be nice to have at least 3-6 people order. From what I understand we can get the Square GeoCaching Logo on one side and they will customize the other side individually for each of us that order. If we can get enough people I will contact them and finalize things.

Ok I finally got my stamp made, then got sculpey to cooperate enough to make my coin. Single sided, still couldnt get it to cooperate with 2 sided. Image is slightly blurred from reducing the pic size.

I first took a metal ring and rolled out the sculpey in it. I then stamped it. Then with a bottle cap that was slightly smaller than the ring I took an exacto knife and cut around the cap. then sliced off any extra clay from the top (the stamp forced the clay upwards. Then taking a string to remove it from the surface with out stretching it. (sliding it along the table to seperate it. Baked (though I think this batch wasn't baked long enough) then painted.

SigItem.jpg

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.

Still looking for more people to trade. Thanks to those who have replied!

quote:
Originally posted by Geogeek65:

Ok...an after thought here. I love collecting unique tokens, coins and stuff cachers have made or had produced. If anybody would like to trade tokens/coins with me that would be appreciated. This is a practical way to accumulate items since I will most likely never cache in some areas of the country. Shoot me an e-mail if interested.

ed@geogeek65.com

HeadLlama, Ajetpilot, Dream Alchemist and others, these are all looking great. I posted this in another thread already but this seems to be the place to show off. This is what I've done so far based originally on Mountain Mudbug's tutorial and also from suggestions on Sculpey.com

Doubloon made from air drying DAS clay

kendersignatureitems2.jpg

Sculpey skipping stones

kendersigitems1.jpg

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

Just got back from Target and they are selling lots of school supplies. One thing I picked up was a package of "Counting Chips". These are blank plastic chips measuring approximately 1.45 inches in diameter. They come in red, blue, green, yellow and orange (though I'm painting them all gold or silver). They are just under $2 for 75 pieces.

I'm throwing these into the experiments too.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."