Geocaching.com listed in TIME's 50 Best Internet sites

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Summer? If you ain't dug a cache out of the snow then you must be a couch potato techno geek. AKA Neo Maxi Zoom Dweebie.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Exuse my ignorance, but what's this snow stuff you speak of? Is it something like tall grass??

george

Wanna go for a ride?

The snow of which we speak is a white powder that melts in your hands, not in your nose. Ground and air need to be lower than 30 degrees F for it to stay around. Causes problems for some people in driving and walking. Of course the kind some people put in their noses has the same effect. If you should encounter the cold type, don't eat the yellow stuff. It's not a lemonade Sno-Cone.

Maps?!? We don't need no stinking maps! We got coordinates!

quote:
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68:

The snow of which we speak is a white powder that melts in your hands, not in your nose.

Try stuff some snow in your nose, I can assure you it melts there too!icon_biggrin.gif

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

I'm glad that the site is getting mentioned in more places. It's really cool that gc.com was in the Time article. Don't know about summer sport though. I go geocaching all year long. Having a few feet of snow really makes finding a lot harder though (actually almost impossible) and some areas you can't get to at all unless you have a snowmobile or snowcat.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

quote:

The snow of which we speak is a white powder that melts in your hands, not in your nose.

Try stuff some snow in your nose, I can assure you it melts there too!icon_biggrin.gif

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

LOL!!!! Oh man, you took the words right out of my mouth....LOL. Divine, an absolutely great response!!! I was eating a bowl of cereal when I was reading and I almost shot milk out of my nose.....

Good job!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I think of it as a geek activity. But then again, if you think about it, geeky things don't have to be about thick glasses, pocket protectors, and computers. If you stretch the definition, mountain biking, scrapbooking, or whatever can develop a high geek factor.

As for it being a summer sport, I just started and I've already decided its going to be an even better fall, winter, and spring sport. Summer here in North Alabama makes a quick trip into the woods more like a trek through the Amazon rainforest. I can wait for autumn to go after a few caches that I've chickened out on because of the jungle growth around them.

Good one!!! I love that quote......^5

quote:

The snow of which we speak is a white powder that melts in your hands, not in your nose. Ground and air need to be lower than 30 degrees F for it to stay around. Causes problems for some people in driving and walking. Of course the kind some people put in their noses has the same effect. If you should encounter the cold type, don't eat the yellow stuff. It's not a lemonade Sno-Cone.

Maps?!? We don't need no stinking maps! We got coordinates!