Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Where did you see that?

Just above to his pet dog's drinks cabinet, next to the gun room, I'll bet.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he saw it when he was out for a jog, either... icon_wink.gif

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Where did you see that?

Just above to his pet dog's drinks cabinet, next to the gun room, I'll bet.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he saw it when he was out for a jog, either... icon_wink.gif

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

The sign probably refers to radios and noisy "boom boxes" to keep peace and serenity in the park. Awhile back, NYC passed a rule prohibiting these in our subways. Can you imagine that? Do you know how much noise subways make? You can't hear yourself think. I should of invested in Sony stock. After the law was passed everyone was now going deaf listening to Walkman's!

Alan

My son is learning to read signs and when we see one of these No this, No that type of signs and I read it with him we always add NO HAVING FUN to the end!

It's funny that even our 5 year old knows that there are people that want to restrict our lives as much as possible. Why don't they just move to a communist country?

Rules are made for people without common sense.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

How 'bout no bassoons? icon_wink.gif

Alan

Well, a British writer once referred to the bassoon as a "farting bedpost," but it is totally incapable of the sheer volume that causes the bagpipes to be truly offensive. I suppose that's why bassoons didn't make the sign. icon_wink.gif

Gee I don't know. A couple of bars of "Danny Boy" on the bagpipes might actually be quite relaxing! How about a duet with the bassoon? Might be interesting. Then again might scare the heck out of man and beast alike! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

How 'bout no bassoons? icon_wink.gif

Alan

Well, a British writer once referred to the bassoon as a "farting bedpost," but it is totally incapable of the sheer volume that causes the bagpipes to be truly offensive. I suppose that's why bassoons didn't make the sign. icon_wink.gif

Gee I don't know. A couple of bars of "Danny Boy" on the bagpipes might actually be quite relaxing! How about a duet with the bassoon? Might be interesting. Then again might scare the heck out of man and beast alike! icon_wink.gif

add no breathing to it.

reminds me of some signs they put up around here in road construction areas that say "speeding fines doubled". makes me wanna come back at night with a red marker and cross out the "doubled" and write "tripled" then cross that out and write "speeders will be shot on site".

that sign is just asking to get violated!

urbo

icon_razz.gif

add no breathing to it.

reminds me of some signs they put up around here in road construction areas that say "speeding fines doubled". makes me wanna come back at night with a red marker and cross out the "doubled" and write "tripled" then cross that out and write "speeders will be shot on site".

that sign is just asking to get violated!

urbo

icon_razz.gif