Inflatable Canoe?

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

$849. is way too steep for me...I'll stick with the $1.99 Toys R Us waterwings and swim out to the lake caches...

Definitely sounds more fun, but doubt that I could convince the SO to go for that.

There are 10 types of people in the world..those that understand binary and those that don't

quote:
Nitpick: It's Canada Goose, not Canadian Goose.

Hmmm...Goose refers to just one, while geese refers to many! Maybe I'm wrong but I have always referred to them as Canadian Geese, after all they are from Canada!

When I order breakfast, should I be asking for Canada bacon?

Kar

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

quote:
Nitpick: It's Canada Goose, not Canadian Goose.

Hmmm...Goose refers to just one, while geese refers to many! Maybe I'm wrong but I have always referred to them as Canadian Geese, after all they are from Canada!

Kar

Canada Bacon is too expensive. Now they just use ham and call it a meal.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

Kar

Doesn't matter how many there are. Canada Goose for one, Canada Geese for more. 'Canadian Geese' would refer to any geese from Canada, regardless of species. 'Canada Geese' is a species of bird. I'm presuming it's the latter that is actually meant.

As for your breakfast, that's Canadian Bacon.

But that reminds me of a funny story. When we were on our Caribbean cruise honeymoon (many years ago), we were sitting with another couple from Vancouver for breakfast. The guy ordered 'Canadian Bacon' because he assumed, being Canadian himself, that it would be the same thing he commonly knew as just 'bacon'. When it came, he complained because he thought they'd given him ham.

"No sir, that's Canadian bacon."

"I'm Canadian, and that's not bacon where I come from."

icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

*** Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and they laugh at you. ***

I bought 3 new Intex inflatable kayaks on eBay under $50 each. They are more like toys then a serious watercraft but they are fine for river day trips (no whitewater, no open sea). Also the material is probably not so durable, you'll have to patch the kayak more often.

You can see some pictures of our kayaks in action at:

http://citanka.cz/US/2003/03/ (rahway*.jpeg)

http://citanka.cz/US/2003/06/ (calso_dam*.jpeg)

You can buy them also at www.qualityinflatables.com, slightly more expensive than on eBay (also cheap paddles there, but maybe too heavy).

Czech caching in US.

About a month ago, I purchased an inflatable raft to go hit a hydrocache. After seing an alligator in the water, I went out and got a recreational sit on top kayak. It's just under ten feet long, and I have no problem transporting it on top of my Civic hatchback.

eyes.GIF

"The fertilizer has hit the ventilator"

Returning from a cache hunt with my very heavy, 30 year old, aluminum canoe on my shoulders, I noticed a guy putting together one of these. At first I thought he was taking a surfboard off his roof, then he started to assemble the thing. After talking to him, I found out it was a Porta Bote. Pretty neat! I wrote for the price list and it's about as much as a good canoe.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Returning from a cache hunt with my very heavy, 30 year old, aluminum canoe on my shoulders, I noticed a guy putting together one of http://www.porta-bote.com/ At first I thought he was taking a surfboard off his roof, then he started to assemble the thing. After talking to him, I found out it was a http://www.porta-bote.com/best.html Pretty neat! I wrote for the price list and it's about as much as a good canoe.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

well, ill be d##ned! it was the beothok indians from nl who originally came up with the idea of a foldable boat according to historians.

'Get to the point---speak English!!!!'

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Returning from a cache hunt with my very heavy, 30 year old, aluminum canoe on my shoulders, I noticed a guy putting together one of http://www.porta-bote.com/ At first I thought he was taking a surfboard off his roof, then he started to assemble the thing. After talking to him, I found out it was a http://www.porta-bote.com/best.html Pretty neat! I wrote for the price list and it's about as much as a good canoe.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

well, ill be d##ned! it was the beothok indians from nl who originally came up with the idea of a foldable boat according to historians.

'Get to the point---speak English!!!!'

Although not inflatable, there is an alternative especially if weight is an issue. Check out Geodesic Airolite Boats -- you can have a canoe that weighs less than 20 pounds. And they're very inexpensive to build. I've seen a couple of these boats in person and am very impressed with the construction -- as well as being extraordinarily light, they are also extremely tough and durable.

I've been looking at the Sevylor Diveyak Kayak...

It can hold upto 600 lbs, you can mount a motor, you can also add a seat and hold two adults, it even has a clear see through dive hatch. It runs $599.99 but it has alot of uses: Rivers, lakes, and I think its even sea worthy.

If I had some extra money burning in my pocket I'd deffinetly get one!

inflatablesstore_1745_6261950