I hate ticks!

quote:
Originally posted by Team Spending Time, Saving Cache:

I have been fortunate enough not to gotten ticks... I do have a ton of mosquito bites and chiggers (now those suck... this is the 1st time I have gotten into them and they are all around my ankles and iiiiiiitch!)

Live to Cache... Cache to Live...

In the past i've been on fishing trips to the Boundry Waters up in Minnesota. They have these gnats they call No-See-Ems, or somrthing like that. These things would bite you, usually around the back of the neck. The wound would itch like crazy. The more you scratch it the worst it got.

At least with a tick, their big enough to see so you can remove them before they dig in.

GF

===========================================

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

How dare all of you offend nature! She has created all of these wonderful creatures for our enjoyment. They bite and annoy us because it is part of the circle of life! Let us all go out into the woods and hug a tree, watch the birds and the bees, and smell fresh fruit at the daily market.

GO and be FREE!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

michigan_fl_md_wht.gif "Michigan Geocaching At It's Best!"

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."

- Dan Quayle

quote:
Originally posted by Radman Version 2.0:

How dare all of you offend nature! She has created all of these wonderful creatures for our enjoyment. They bite and annoy us because it is part of the circle of life! Let us all go out into the woods and hug a tree, watch the birds and the bees, and smell fresh fruit at the daily market.

GO and be FREE!

Uh... yeah.

An idea of mine, is to invent Tick traps that could destroy them, especially if they are an invasive species in your area.

The Trap would involve an artificial creature that would attrack the ticks. It could trap them, or poison them.

Are there any critters that feed on ticks??

What I think would work, would be a tick poison just below the surface of the artificial creature, so that whatever bites it, will be poisoned. The Artificial creature would be inside a wide mesh screen so that animals could not bite it, and get poisoned.

Ticks are the best thing that ever happened to us. NOT

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS

quote:

Yup, Birds! The swoop down and snatch them off the tall grass that they hang out on waiting for you or a deer to walk by. They must not taste very good, cause the birds do not do a good job of irradicating them icon_frown.gif

Kar

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

An idea of mine, is to invent Tick traps that could destroy them, especially if they are an invasive species in your area.

The Trap would involve an artificial creature that would attrack the ticks. It could trap them, or poison them.

What I think would work, would be a tick poison just below the surface of the artificial creature, so that whatever bites it, will be poisoned. The Artificial creature would be inside a wide mesh screen so that animals could not bite it, and get poisoned.

Ticks are the best thing that ever happened to us. _NOT_

--------------------------------------------------

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=srch&s=5726007311&result_detail=3&x_as=&findw=&f=&sis=&dt=&author_name=Geoffrey&sort_order=2&action=simplesearch&search=Search

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=srch&s=5726007311&u=5206051431

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=12928

http://members.aol.com/geoffr524/myhomepage/howto.html

Only one flaw in an otherwise brillian plan. Ticks will hang there until a hapless geocacher or other animal walks by. Until then they just hang there. If nothing walks by ventually they die.

Not sure about the other stages of the life cycle though. We could increase the bird population by shooting more cats in our geocaching travels. That would help. Except then we would have more mice and more hantavirus...

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Geocaching is getting pretty popular now. Maybe all us geocachers out in the woods will eradicate them one by one. When I pull one off of me, it gets torched.

GF

===========================================

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Here is a cache that practically brags about the number of ticks in the area. The logs make for some interesting reading.

--Marky

I see from your profile picture that instead of or in addition to Lyme disease, you both seem to have come down with a bad case of arthritis icon_smile.gif Congrats on 1000