Multiple first cachers at one cache???

Wander Lost

As we approach the anniversary of our first cache placement we got another find on The Big Tree Cache. As I was reading the log it dawned on me that this was yet another first find for a new cacher. I got to thinking that this cache in general has had quite a few of those so I counted them up. Of the 47 found logs 6 mention that this was their first find. I'm pretty sure that there are at least a few more but they didn't mention it in their logs.

I was wondering if there are other caches out there that seem to be first find magnets for new cachers. So the question is:

What is the most new cachers you have had at a single cache?

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Well as someone new to this icon_biggrin.gif I have to say that the first cache I choose was one that really wasnt out of my way so I could see if I enjoyed it so I could put more effort in tougher ones. I hit one during my lunch break at a park 10 mins from my work and now I'm hooked.

I would say that first time cache magnets would have to either be near urban places (near the suburbs, like a small park) or along a trail where non-cachers would find it and pick up the sport.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

That is an interesting question and I had to check a couple.

Take a Hike Cache is my best :

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=7334

18 first finds, and I did not think it even had that many visits.

But then again, I have a cache out that as of 01-31-03 has not been visited in 470 days.

TTFRN, logscaler.

Take a Hike was my first cache! After I found it I thought "that was pretty easy, wonder what the next will be like". I immediately tackled Valley Overlook (again by logscaler) and learned they get a little harder. Wild Horse has been on my watch list for a long time. I wish I could get someone to fund a 6-month caching expedition for me so I could get these unique, out-of-the-way caches.

quote:
Originally posted by Orions:

I would say that first time cache magnets would have to either be near urban places (near the suburbs, like a small park) or along a trail where non-cachers would find it and pick up the sport.

That is what I would have thought too. My first cache was less than 2 miles from our house, but the cache I mentioned above is not in an urban area. It's pretty far out and often goes weeks at time with out a find. It's also not a 1/1 cache. It's pretty well hidden and with the tree cover it can be tough to find.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif