How would you feel if you found this cache?

I had an idea about an item for a cache and wanted to get some input on how you all would feel about this. On the cache page, I would put that I left a "$100 bill" in the cache and that I would replace it if someone took it and would do this as many times as I needed to.

The catch would be, there would be a BILL in the cache for a $100 fee for placing the cache! Of course, I would not expect to be paid and I would not expect anyone to take the bill, but I bet people would really be looking for that cache!

I'm not trying to make people mad. I'm just trying to add some humor to the game.

How would you feel after finding the bill?

Hmm. I voted that I would be ticked.

I'm reminded of a recent case where a waitress at Hooters was told that she had won a prize in a contest.

However, instead of a Toyota, she had won a Toy Yoda. A doll of the Jedi Master.

She got ticked and sued Hooters. Last I heard they settled for enough money, as her lawyer said, to "Buy any car on their lot she wanted to."

Nope. Wouldn't do it.

-----------

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

You place a cache with a 100 bucks in it. It also has a bill charging the cache finder 100 dollars for your time in placing it? So basically you're saying you want your money back. But it's a joke? It's funny, it's just not "ha, ha" funny. I can think of many other ways 100 bucks could be used to buy laughs. But hey, whatever makes you laugh. Go for it. I'd hunt it. I just wouldn't laugh.

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Quest:

You place a cache with a 100 bucks in it. It also has a bill charging the cache finder 100 dollars for your time in placing it? So basically you're saying you want your money back.

I'd say, even after your explaination, Geo Quest would be expecting to find a hundred DOLLARS in the cache, not just a 'bill' for finding it.

I voted that I think it would be funny. (Anyone who seriously thinks someone is going to be willing to put $100 in a cache, and continually replace it, doesn't have a firm grasp on reality.)

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

"You'll have to excuse my friend. He's a little slow. The town is THAT way." - Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber

It's still not funny though.

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

Unless you delete everyones logs, people will find out your little joke. Also, I would be very suspicious of someone saying there was a 100 bill in a cache. Who the heck has that kind of money?

Go with $10 or $20. Much more believable.

-Doc Ott

A day without thermonuclear fusion is like a day without sunshine.

Your poll should have included:

Find out who the cache owner was, burn his house to the ground, and pursue him to the ends of the earth.

Of course, it's not really a $100 bill; it's a bill for $100. Now, if everyone had paid strict attention to their third grade teachers, this little joke wouldn't have a chance of working. Good thing everyone was asleep, eh? icon_wink.gif

You do intend to make it a several-hours-long, back-breaking adventure. Right? If you're going to PO a few people, might as well make it worth their efforts ... icon_eek.gif

Your poll should have included:

Find out who the cache owner was, burn his house to the ground, and pursue him to the ends of the earth.

Of course, it's not really a $100 bill; it's a bill for $100. Now, if everyone had paid strict attention to their third grade teachers, this little joke wouldn't have a chance of working. Good thing everyone was asleep, eh? icon_wink.gif

You do intend to make it a several-hours-long, back-breaking adventure. Right? If you're going to PO a few people, might as well make it worth their efforts ... icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by NWMOoutdoorsman:

I had an idea about an item for a cache and wanted to get some input on how you all would feel about this. On the cache page, I would put that I left a "$100 bill" in the cache and that I would replace it if someone took it and would do this as many times as I needed to. ...

If you made it clear that you would replace it everytime someone took it and your name wasn't Bill Gates, I believe most people would realize it was some kind of joke before they went searching.

Variations to your idea would be to say there were several $100 bills for the each of the first cache finders or to leave Monopoly money.

I figured that most of the people looking for the cache wouldn't have seen this post and even if they do, oh well.

I thought I would put a twist on the cache and name the cache "Knot what it seems". Maybe they would think about things then!

I would love to hide a video camera just to tape people's reactions.