3 Cheers for Autumn Weather!

PI Joe

Hip-Hip Horay! Summer is over!

Yea! - Winter is on it's way!

Yahoo! All you summer loving bastards can go kiss my @$$ as you freeze yours off!

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave

Northeast weather is turning cooler after a blistering hot and dry summer. Overnight temps since mid August have dipped into the mid 50°'s to low 60°'s, leaving a heavy coating of dew on the windshield each morning. Thatswhen you know a autumn is just around the corner. Next thing you know, the frost will be on the pumpkin. icon_smile.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

Northeast weather is turning cooler after a blistering hot and dry summer. Overnight temps since mid August have dipped into the mid 50°'s to low 60°'s, leaving a heavy coating of dew on the windshield each morning. Thatswhen you know a autumn is just around the corner. Next thing you know, the frost will be on the pumpkin. icon_smile.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

After an extremely hot and dry summer I have noticed that with the lack of water the swamp maples which usually turn red first are turning brownish and some trees have already started dropping their leaves. Coming back from the Catskills in August the Locust trees were just plain brown and dropping fast. We've just had some rain and hopefully we will have our New England colors of fall this year, but I'm not planning any foliage tours around here. And now when the leaves DO fall we'll have to be more discreet than ever so we're not seen.

Cache you later,

Planet

We've had several of the trees here on mountiantops allready drop all of their leaves before changing color as well because of the heat and lack of rain. A lot of the trees at lower elevations are turning brown or cahcnging color allready.

But I am glad to finally seee some decent weather come though too!

If you light a man a fire, he will be warm for a day; if you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

...is to take long lunchs! Get to work early or leave late to make it up...or not!

Lou

quote:
Originally posted by bartacus:

I'll admit that the cooler weather makes for a nice caching experience, but I'm really sorry to see the daylight go.

There will certainly be fewer after-work-caches for me, now that it's getting dark earlier.

Or maybe I should hone my night-caching skills.

It cooled off enough here over the weekend that I was able to cache without fears of dehydration after 15 minutes - its amazing what a tropical storm can do for your weather and caching opportunities. icon_smile.gif

I'll be glad when autumn is here - cooler temps, fewer West Nile carrying mosquitoes (hopefully)... of course, autumn usually starts sometime in November around here, but I can't wait!

It cooled off enough here over the weekend that I was able to cache without fears of dehydration after 15 minutes - its amazing what a tropical storm can do for your weather and caching opportunities. icon_smile.gif

I'll be glad when autumn is here - cooler temps, fewer West Nile carrying mosquitoes (hopefully)... of course, autumn usually starts sometime in November around here, but I can't wait!

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

No more... uh... what rhymes with 'ticks'?

bix, bricks, brix, chicks, clicks, cliques, dick's, dickes, dicks, dix, fickes, fix, flicks, fricks, frix, hicks, hix, ickes, kicks, knicks, licks, mix, nick's, nicks, nikk's, nix, nyx, picks, pix, pricks, rick's, ricks, rix, six, slicks, sticks, styx, tics, tricks, vic's, vicks, wickes, wicks, wix, bag of tricks, brownie mix, captain hicks, intermix, river styx, row of bricks, lemonade mix, give it the deep six

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

quote:

bix, bricks, brix, chicks, clicks, cliques, dick's, dickes, dicks, dix, fickes, fix, flicks, fricks, frix, hicks, hix, ickes, kicks, knicks, licks, mix, nick's, nicks, nikk's, nix, nyx, picks, pix, pricks, rick's, ricks, rix, six, slicks, sticks, styx, tics, tricks, vic's, vicks, wickes, wicks, wix, bag of tricks, brownie mix, captain hicks, intermix, river styx, row of bricks, lemonade mix, give it the deep six

How 'bout...

No more skeeters!

No more ticks!

No more stinging nettle pricks!

icon_razz.gif

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

quote:

How 'bout...

No more skeeters!

No more ticks!

No more stinging nettle pricks!

icon_razz.gif

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

You mean it gets hot in Maine, too? icon_wink.gif We live in NJ, and I've been telling my wife if we have another Summer like this, we're moving to Maine. Argh. Maybe Yellowknife...

I'm glad Fall's coming, too. I like Spring too, but I always have in the back of my mind that the weather will only get hotter.

Hip-hip-hooray!

----------

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

You mean it gets hot in Maine, too? icon_wink.gif We live in NJ, and I've been telling my wife if we have another Summer like this, we're moving to Maine. Argh. Maybe Yellowknife...

I'm glad Fall's coming, too. I like Spring too, but I always have in the back of my mind that the weather will only get hotter.

Hip-hip-hooray!

----------

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin

quote:
Originally posted by ThatRoyGuy:

You mean it gets hot in Maine, too? icon_wink.gif We live in NJ, and I've been telling my wife if we have another Summer like this, we're moving to Maine.

Yes, it does get hot. And contrary to popular belief, We also don't use horse and buggies anymore, and have paved roads. icon_smile.gif

Well, some of the roads are paved. And the magneto on my Model T quit so I am using my horse and buggy untill I get a week to ride up to the city to get a new one.

I'm not sure, but I would not be surprised if Maine rivals New Jersey on summer heat, and especially humidity at times.

I think your problem is low self-esteem. It is very common among losers.

quote:
Originally posted by ThatRoyGuy:

You mean it gets hot in Maine, too? icon_wink.gif We live in NJ, and I've been telling my wife if we have another Summer like this, we're moving to Maine.

Yes, it does get hot. And contrary to popular belief, We also don't use horse and buggies anymore, and have paved roads. icon_smile.gif

Well, some of the roads are paved. And the magneto on my Model T quit so I am using my horse and buggy untill I get a week to ride up to the city to get a new one.

I'm not sure, but I would not be surprised if Maine rivals New Jersey on summer heat, and especially humidity at times.

I think your problem is low self-esteem. It is very common among losers.

Well, the skeeters and itch-weed are still going strong in Minnesota--we're all praying for the first hard freeze to kill all the nasties off. As far as caching in the winter time--I started seeking caches in late January, and I thought it was great, but we've been experiencing mild winters here for the past couple of years. Anyhow, I think I'm about a month away from talking the wife into a cache hunt disguised as a a fall color run. 15T

Think Globally, Act Locally

I didn't notice it was a real cat (kitten) and yes it is a little disturbing.

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave