GPXSpinner / Plucker

I'm using GPX Spinner and Plucker to produce pages for my Palm (Actually a Sony Clie).

Spinner works great, merging three GPX's I get from my pocket quieries.

Plucker does the job also, but it seems to take forever to resolve the duplicate files caused by the same icons being used over and over again on all pages.

For example todays run had over 20000 files found, but only about 1500 that needed to go to the Palm, the rest were just duplicates of the standard icons. It can take HOURS for plucker to sort thru this on my 2.4ghz machine.

There has got to be a faster way!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Try clicking the option on the LIMITS tab that says "IGNORE LINKS TO A SERVER THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM STARTING PAGE'S SERVER"

This speeds up my "Plucking" quite a bit. However, your "hours" is way out of line. My GPX is 500 caches and only takes about 5 minutes max.

You might want to compare your Plucker setup to the suggested settings on CYBret's Spinner/Plucker tutorial.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

I had the same problem.

I found that by running my PQ's through Spinner/Plucker seperatly they run much quicker. Yes, you will wind up with three seperate 'books' in your library but it talks half the time to run them that way.

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

Yup. It appears that at a certain point, plucker slows to a crawl. I really liked the advantages of merging the GPX's.

I've been keeping one Query for my Local Caches and One for whatever Road Trip I have scheduled next. I noticed the slow down when I added another group to handle the Spokane Cache Machine which is coming up in a couple weeks. The distance between here and there is larger and since I want to score some of the caches between here and there it required an additional Query for a total of 1500 caches (Less a few duplicates from overlap).

quote:
Originally posted by Team Misguided:

I had the same problem.

I found that by running my PQ's through Spinner/Plucker seperatly they run much quicker. Yes, you will wind up with three seperate 'books' in your library but it talks half the time to run them that way.

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I couldn't start a new topic so I'm reviving another. Maynot be on topic, and I'm cross posting in the Discussion forum.

I just picked up a Rino. I loaded a GPX with EasyGPS. The default icon was "Geocache". However it did not translate over to the Rino. Even though the geocache icon is spelled the same.

I know the spelling of icons in the Meridian are case sensitive.

Hoping there is another Rino user that can copy and paste their INI here, or email it to me.

Maybe the INI is similar to other receivers?

19490_2600.gifHonored to provide inmate labor for Admin brick manufacture since 2002.

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

I just picked up a Rino. I loaded a GPX with EasyGPS. The default icon was "Geocache". However it did not translate over to the Rino. Even though the geocache icon is spelled the same.

I hate to ask the obvious, but you did tell Easy GPS that you have a Rino, right? And you do have the current version 1.2.5? (The one on GC seems a tad old: 1.2.2)