Browse map function

wammes90

I have this same problem in Firefox, Edge and Chrome.  Opening the map, I get no geocaches showing.

I am on Windows 10, Version 10.0.19045

Firefox: 125.0.1
Edge: 124.0.2478.51
Chrome: 124.0.6367.61

I have found that if I leave the browser page open for many minutes, at zoom level 11 or less, caches start to populate on the map.  They are unclickable and basically indistinguishable at that map size. 

If the map is left open at higher zoom levels, it seems the caches themselves are not visible but if you hover over a location and there is a cache there, it will eventually appear as it's usual pop up, after 15-20 seconds.

zoom 11.png

Zoom 12.png

Edited by TheTowerOfSong

The same for me too.  No caches showing when using View Browse Map.  I am using Safari and Chrome.

About a hour ago it worked, but not now.image.thumb.png.9d2cf6f3eef390cef0cef6a7748031a5.png

I also went onto my iPhone and went to geocache via Safari and as TheTowerOfSong stated, that at different zoom levels it does show up caches.   But when zoomed in those caches disappear. 

IMG_9887 copy.jpg

IMG_9888 iPhone Zoomed copy.jpg

It appears that this map is now working.  I cam him around 7pm and found that the View Browse Map is working.  Thank you.

Edited by gjhimages
update
  • Upvote 1

All cookies set: Cookie declaration last updated on 4/16/24 by Cookiebot:

Interesting the newer View Map shows all of the geocaches, which is shown below.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.13.03 AM.png

I would rather look at View Browse Map for locations of Geocaches.  I usually start with View Browse Map.  I will use View Map for trails.

Edited by gjhimages
update
10 minutes ago, jeffgamer said:

I'll toss my "me too" in as well.

I also have had, for a long time now, an issue with "search nearby caches to this cache"...instead of searching nearby that cache, it always goes back to searching near my house.

That is another issue we have in common.  It has been for an issue for at least a few weeks, but I thought it was just me.

I have found you then have to go into the filter and re-apply to actually see caches near the one you had selected.

Having the same problem re browsing the maps. Dont see any caches at all.

Have checked all Cookies are allowed but still no joy..... most irritating yet again.

Anyone got a simple answer to this problem please?

Thanks

Should have said that we are using Firefox and the GME Map Enhancements to allow OS maps to be displayed. It was working earlier today but stopped working this evening. Have now tried 3 PCs, 2 Laptops and they all do the same since the update to GME Version: 0.8.2.2As.7

Thanks

1 hour ago, wendykmj said:

Should have said that we are using Firefox and the GME Map Enhancements to allow OS maps to be displayed.

It's not GME related, I use that and the problem exists with or without the extensions enabled.

1 hour ago, wendykmj said:

Anyone got a simple answer to this problem please?

I'm pretty sure this is a problem at the GS end so unlikely we can do anything to fix it until they sort it out at their end.

• Upvote 1

Same problem here. Started today with Chrome, Edge and Firefox. No GME in Edge and Chrome.

Looks like it slowly loads the caches at certain zoomlevels, but if I zoom in (or out) they disappear

Edited by reybr

Looks like it has something to do with the load time. If I go to the Browse Map and load a Pocket Query, it will load after awhile. Then when I click a cache, it seems like it won't select it, but after awhile I get the pop up.

It was working find as of yesterday 4pm Eastern. So something after that changed.