Is this a record?

Well, just had to tell you all, that I've just completed 100 caches in the best possible place. The cache is Sunrise-Beach, alongside a beautiful lake near to Zürich, Switzerland.

I couldn't of wished for a more perfect place. It's a pity I don't have a digital camera.

Anyway, about the record.....

Have I got the record for logging 100 caches but none placed? I seem to be doing it the opposite to a lot of cachers. I have to say that the kids have been nagging me to place one, so I told them I would when I reached the ton. Well looks like I've got to get on with it now. Watch this space............

P.S. Slightly biased about Switzerland as I'm half Swiss!!

I waited for more than six months, I think, Before I placed my first cache.

Definatly better to find and get an idea of what a good cache is, then the newly placed cache should be a good one.

I only have two caches hidden at the moment. More are planned.

I would HIGHLY recommend hiding caches because when somebody finds and provides positive feedback on what a good cache you've placed, then it all seems worthwhile again.

My suggestion 'GO FOR IT!!'

Hi Kathrina,

Hope you're having a great holiday. Now get back and place that cache girl! And lay off the men in lederhosen!!!! Many congrats on the ton, even though it didn't include Tumuli Turmoil it's still very worthy of praise!

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why is it that when you're out for a walk carrying a map everyone asks if you're lost?

Well done Katz! It's the kids I feel sorry for... oh, hang on, I've met them!

Only kidding!

About time you made the ton-up club! Now with all that caching experience, how about placing some? C'mon, don't be shy!

By the way: Little old lady who?

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

Omally

Well done.

Please let me know where the first cache is, I'd like to try for it as I think I know what it will contain. icon_confused.gif

No Toblerone (banned)

No swiss army knives (banned)

No Swiss roll (banned)

No Swiss cheese (banned)

It must be a cuckoo clock icon_biggrin.gif

Steps back and waits for irish jokes icon_wink.gif

Seriously, plant a cache you would like to find and you can't really go wrong.

042502_2217_1578_prv.gif It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Ambu:

...It must be a cuckoo clock icon_biggrin.gif

You asked for it...

Well, Murphy was staggering home trying to plan his entry, his excuse and his drunk condition.

Quietly, ever so gently, he eased open the front door and tiptoed into the hall. He was just in the process of removing his shoes when it happened. The cuckoo clock came to life and out popped the pesky creature cuckooing three times for three o'clock.

'What to do?' thought Murphy. Then all of a sudden - inspiration. 'I'll cuckoo another nine times and if she's awake she'll think it's only midnight!'

So that's what our hero did. It worked. No reaction from the missus. All was calm as he slipped quietly into bed. But next morning brought a different picture. As Murphy's head thumped its way back into the world from the oblivion of the night, the bedroom door swung ominously open. There stood the good lady hands on hips - steely-eyed.

'And what time did you get in last night, dear?' she asked.

'Quite late, about midnight I think, love,' said Murphy.

'Well, when you get up I want you to have a look at that clock in the hall. Only last night, at midnight, the strangest thing happened. The clock cuckooed three times, then it farted, belched, kicked the cat up the ar$e and then cuckooed nine more times!'

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

Omally

Member of the GAGB

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Ambu:

Well done.

Please let me know where the first cache is, I'd like to try for it as I think I know what it will contain. icon_confused.gif

No Toblerone (banned)

No swiss army knives (banned)

No Swiss roll (banned)

No Swiss cheese (banned)

It must be a cuckoo clock icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, plant a cache you would like to find and you can't really go wrong.

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/042502/042502_2217_1578_prv.gif It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

What a shame I couldn't put those things in the cache!

Never mind though.

By the way, did you know that Cuckoo clocks are not from Switzerland originally. Everyone thinks they are but in fact they are from Germany. The Black Forest to be more precise.

You learn something new every day!

icon_smile.gifKrazy Kats, well how many did you end up finding before you placed your first one ? we saw this as a challenge 'cos we were at around 75 when you first posted, having just found our hundredth we are getting ready to place one, but maybe, just maybe we will hold out a little longer.... icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by TheCookieCrew on October 21, 2003 at 05:00 AM.]

After reading following this thread and not wanting to break any records. We were up to 94 withough having placed a cache so went ahead and planted two today which will keep us below the hundred. We didn't want to just plant one and used our experience in what we hope will be good caches.