Release Notes (Adventure Lab®: Email to Adventure creator when a review is added) - July 3, 2023

This is a nice addition to the Adventure Labs!  Though I only have created 2, and I check the page now and then, having a notification sent when someone posts will be a nice reminder of the activity on the labs.  Thank you!

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1

Nice to have GOOD and Useful news about the Adventure Lab® Platform! I'm sure this will serve to enhance sales of Paid Adventures as well - businesses tend to want to be on top of user experience.

Edited by Jimrky
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
7 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

Thanks for that, it will be very helpful.

Would it be possible to send a notification whenever someone has completed the adventure, even when no review or photo is given?

There's serious real-time privacy concerns with this. I doubt this will ever happen.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, MIKEY MAC said:

There's serious real-time privacy concerns with this. I doubt this will ever happen.

How often do you go back and review an Adventure after the fact, and not right when you've completed it and the prompt pops up?

However, unless it's sequential, there isn't a way to tell what location a user is when they complete the Adventure. (first three finders notwithstanding)

Emails do not appear to be sent out. I've received a review on one of my Adventures, but have not received any notification email. I've checked my SPAM folder as well as my deleted items (in case it was caught up in a rule), but nothing present.

4 hours ago, bruzie said:

Emails do not appear to be sent out. I've received a review on one of my Adventures, but have not received any notification email. I've checked my SPAM folder as well as my deleted items (in case it was caught up in a rule), but nothing present.

Same. I tested it on two ALs and the ALO did not get the notification. 

Greetings, and thank you for the comments and questions. This new feature will be out in the coming soon so that we can ensure it works as expected.  
At this time these notification emails will only occur if a player leaves a review or photo on the completed Adventure.

These emails function much like the geocaching log notification emails, in that there is no opt-out option but email filters can be set if you do not wish to receive them. 

Today I received the fist E-Mails. There a two little Bugs in it:

image.png.4c2534fdd5ea0ab96718d8a6eea32dbb.png

I'm sure it shouldn't say "AdventureTitle", but my ALC's real name. The other one is, that my name is not insert or there is just a space too much behind the "Hello" ;-)

I really like that it also shows, if photos were added. Would be nice to have it for real caches too.

• Upvote 1
On 7/4/2023 at 1:15 PM, speckledbee said:

Will the creator be able to opt out of notifications?

Why should that be needed? It is important as an owner to be interested in what other cachers think about your cache. Otherwise, you will repeat mistakes if you did one, or you don't know, that your cache is awesome ;-). Or you didn't notice if there are some essential changes at your locations.

Of course, most of the logs about ALC aren't very interesting, since most ALCs aren't interesting either ;-)

I use filters to sort the mails. All folders with logs are not give me push notifications on my mobile mail app, but I read them, when I have the time for it.

• Upvote 2
On 7/4/2023 at 1:15 PM, speckledbee said:

Will the creator be able to opt out of notifications?

that would be a great feature.

I see no need to get thoose "found it" logs as no actonabel information for an owner is in it

only need mainatance or so would be helpful

this is just spaming my inbox! even the mail filter will delete it, it created to much energy consumption, why do not get opt out to reduce network traffic and safe energy? every small peace counts!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
On 7/20/2023 at 9:03 AM, frenchje said:

This is imposed on you. You should be able to choose whether or not you want to receive it. My mailbox is overflowing. I'd rather not receive it.

It is very simpel. If you don't want to receive logs, don't place caches or ALcs ;-)

Edited by capoaira
places caches => place caches or ALCs
  • Upvote 4
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, capoaira said:

It is very simpel. If you don't want to receive logs, don't place caches ;-)

I like to receive them for my caches but not for lab caches. For caches you read a story or how the cacher found the cache, but for lab caches it only says "thank you" or "nice" or "funny" What's the point?

Edited by frenchje
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, frenchje said:
I like to receive them for my caches but not for lab caches. For caches you read a story or how the cacher found the cache, but for lab caches it only says "thank you" or "nice" or "funny"
What's the point?

On 7/10/2023 at 5:23 PM, capoaira said:

Or you didn't notice if there are some essential changes at your locations.

It would be not the first time, that an owner don't know that some stage has changed.

10 minutes ago, niraD said:

Who said anything about caches? frenchje placed an Adventure Lab. :P

Good point. With caches, I mean real caches and ALCs, I clarified it in my post.

• Upvote 1
On 7/10/2023 at 5:14 PM, capoaira said:

Today I received the fist E-Mails. There a two little Bugs in it:

image.png.4c2534fdd5ea0ab96718d8a6eea32dbb.png

I'm sure it shouldn't say "AdventureTitle", but my ALC's real name. The other one is, that my name is not insert or there is just a space too much behind the "Hello" ;-)

I really like that it also shows, if photos were added. Would be nice to have it for real caches too.

@syntaxerror Was this passed to the engineers? The Bug still exists (I know, it is not an important thing, but it would be nice to know if someone has seen the bug report)

• Upvote 1

I've just received my first review e-mail.  The text read:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulladulla Harbour has a new review:

• Reviewed by: The Rats
  • Adventure completion date: 8/2/2023 7:25:09 PM
  • Type: Adventure

• Review:
    A nice AL along the foreshore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First:  Apparently they posted the review on the 8th of February, at least according to the date format I use.  I'm guessing that the system doesn't allow for different date formats, so let's assume that it was 2nd of August.

Second: It arrived at 12:27 pm on the 3rd August,  so I'm guessing that the date and time are UTC or Seattle time or something equally useless.

Third:  "Type: Adventure" What other types would it be?  

Fourth:  Clicking the link doesn't take me to my adventure builder page (which would be nice) but to the QR code for the page (which is useless)

So, wrong date, wrong time, pointless type and useless link.

At least the text of the message and who posted it are correct.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 2
54 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

First:  Apparently they posted the review on the 8th of February, at least according to the date format I use.  I'm guessing that the system doesn't allow for different date formats, so let's assume that it was 2nd of August.

Yes. Why oh why is it that, with EVERY new feature that's added, American date formats get hard-coded into it and then have to be subsequently changed?

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Yes. Why oh why is it that, with EVERY new feature that's added, American date formats get hard-coded into it and then have to be subsequently changed?

Let's be polite and simply say that when I was managing programmers, I would  never have tolerated releasing a world-wide program which didn't use the local time and the local date format.

I don't blame the programmers.  But the system designers and QA team...

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1