GIFF 2021 call for submissions

Followers 1

Hi everyone,

In case you didn't see it on social media or the geocaching blog, the 2021 Geocaching International Film Festival has been announced and the call for submissions has been launched.

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2021/05/calling-all-filmmakers-create-a-film-for-giff-2021/

For those of you who don't know my history with the GIFF, and are interested (hopefully this will be somewhat inspiring):

• I attended the original GIFF at the 2013 GCHQ Block Party; I thought it was cool but no way I could ever create my own film!
  • I hosted my first GIFF event in 2016 at a local movie theater; two of the finalist film creators attended and I learned that they filmed their entry using an iPhone 6!
  • I had never made a film of any kind before but I decided to give it a shot for 2017's GIFF
  • I learned about filmmaking from YouTube and Google searches, wrote up a story and a shot list, asked from geocaching friends to help, and got to work, using my iPhone 7 as my camera and iMovie as my editor.
  • I submitted my 2017 entry "A Travel Bug's Life" which was accepted as a finalist film for 2017
  • I created a YouTube channel called Geo Elmo Geocaching, and that was my first video on it
  • Filmmaking has become one of my favorite hobbies!
  • My 2018 entry called ":-)" was not accepted, but I learned from my mistakes and had another entry accepted in 2019 ("The Geocaching Express 6000 GPS Receiver")

It's a lot of fun creating these films, and even if they aren't finalists, you can still show the world through platforms like YouTube.

Good luck everyone!

• Funny 2
  • Love 1

I've been trying to get my husband to make one for several years now. Maybe it will happen someday....not this year, but maybe next year? Just have to push him harder. :anibad:  He wanted to get Bryan and some Lackeys in it, and I said that nepotism probably wouldn't fly if you're trying to submit it for the GIFF. :laughing: :ph34r:

• Funny 1
1 hour ago, Ambrosia said:

I've been trying to get my husband to make one for several years now. Maybe it will happen someday....not this year, but maybe next year? Just have to push him harder. :anibad:  He wanted to get Bryan and some Lackeys in it, and I said that nepotism probably wouldn't fly if you're trying to submit it for the GIFF. :laughing: :ph34r:

I've seen Bryan in at least one GIFF entry, but I don't know if asking a bunch of lackeys would help your husband's chances or hurt them! 

The lackeys are great and I've had some in a couple of my videos, including interviewing MissJenn and Bl4ckH4ckGER, and MissJenn helped with a short film I did about the international geocaching community called "Geocaching: The Global Adventure" (it's one of my personal favorites of my own videos, geocachers from 30 countries representing their countries in their languages).

• Upvote 1