Best Caches

3 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

My suggestion would be to find a Facebook group local to your area and ask there.  This is a global forum.  The ones I would recommend wouldn't be easy for you to get to, especially with international travel restrictions as they are right now.

You can't really go on facebook for it becuse non-geocacher's go on there as well

• Funny 1
30 minutes ago, CacheCat123 said:

You can't really go on facebook for it becuse non-geocacher's go on there as well

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of regional and local Facebook groups that are dedicated specifically to geocaching.  On Facebook, do a search for your city/town name and geocaching as the keywords.  These groups have largely replaced the Geocaching.com forums for specific discussions about local geocaching.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
40 minutes ago, CacheCat123 said:

I'd recommend War Memorial 197 in Richmond North Yorkshire and Long Meg in Cumbria

GC6QCHF Is for War Memorial 197

GCD6C2 For Long Meg

Basically you are suggesting the only two physical caches you have found... best caches...

As another suggestion I would recommend some more "mileage" before a good evaluation. You will be amazed, for sure.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 4
41 minutes ago, CacheCat123 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/yorkshiregeocaching/

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/geocachinguk/

They're pretty well moderated so only geocaching chat is allowed, and these sort of discussions often crop up. In the Yorkshire one you're also likely to meet people from round your way.

• Helpful 3

For Germany (and sorrounding countries) there is the website "bettercacher.org" (English version: https://bettercacher.org/en/) where cachers can suggest caches to be listed there. Not every suggestion is posted - that's important as caches like GC6QCHF shouldn't be listed there.... So there is some quality in the listed caches and it is a good idea to look there if you come to our country some day. :-)

But always remember that the cache quality is subjective - so what others like very much does not have to be good for you. For example I really appreciate almost all kinds of multi caches - and I know cachers that hate them. ;-)

There are several ways on the geocaching.com webiste to find caches others like: favourite points (rate of FP/premium logs is more important), bookmark lists ("recommendation", "my best finds", ...), ...

In the beginning (you have found 3 caches so far) every cache is an adventure. This is best shown as you suggest 2 out of the 3 found caches to be good. Just find some more and have fun - every cache can be good in its own way (but you don't have to like each one and each one equally).

Jochen

Edited by frostengel
grammar :-)