Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
RedHunters

Feature Request: Pocket Queries

Hi,

I use PQs a lot and they are very helpful but the function has not been updated since years.

Therefore would suggest two additional filters:

1) "has corrected coordinates"

2) "has more than X favorite points"

thx in advance

Stefan

• Helpful 3

I would also add:

3) "has Personal Cache Note"

4) "has more than X% Favorite points"

Note that the search function for caches with a Personal Cache Note has a reported bug, where it continues to include caches where the owner has erased the Personal Cache Note. It would be nice not to incorporate this bug into the PQ system.

• Helpful 2

I mean, sure, OK, I see the advantage of those features, but to me they pale compared with the annoying behavior of scrolling up to the top of the PQ list every time I click on a day-of-the-week to run one of the PQs in the list. I rarely run only a single PQ, and I have to scroll down over and over for each one of them.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, dprovan said:

I mean, sure, OK, I see the advantage of those features, but to me they pale compared with the annoying behavior of scrolling up to the top of the PQ list every time I click on a day-of-the-week to run one of the PQs in the list. I rarely run only a single PQ, and I have to scroll down over and over for each one of them.

I ctrl/cmd click each check box and it turns it on in a new tab. When I'm done, the most recent tab has all of the queries checked. But yes, the PQ list page needs to turn on/off pocket queries without a page refresh, or at the very least, allow for multiple checks with a submit button at the top AND bottom of the list (perhaps at the top with the days of the week, with those headers being sticky as we scroll down).

1 minute ago, Mineral2 said:

But yes, the PQ list page needs to turn on/off pocket queries without a page refresh, or at the very least, allow for multiple checks with a submit button at the top AND bottom of the list

Tampermonkey an GCLh (in Firefox) to the rescue 😎

I just click a maximum of 10 PQ in the highlighted column (today) without refreshing the page.

43 minutes ago, on4bam said:

I just click a maximum of 10 PQ in the highlighted column (today) without refreshing the page.

I wish Groundspeak would learn from the various hacks people use to fix their user interface, and update their user interface so those hacks aren't needed any more. But that should be a separate thread, I suppose...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, on4bam said:

Well, that works (in Chrome too). However, there are a few other changes that GCLh makes that I'm not so fond of. It will take me some time to figure out how to customize it without breaking it, being that I'm not a javascripter. 

12 hours ago, niraD said:

I wish Groundspeak would learn from the various hacks people use to fix their user interface, and update their user interface so those hacks aren't needed any more.

Don't hold your breath. It's been like that as long as I care to remember. In fact Greasemonkey and later Tampermonkey have hardly been used for anything else but the GC site.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, RedHunters said:

Hi,

I use PQs a lot and they are very helpful but the function has not been updated since years.

Therefore would suggest two additional filters:

1) "has corrected coordinates"

2) "has more than X favorite points"

thx in advance

Stefan

I would be glad to have "has corrected coordinates" as a filter.

Today I maintain several regional LISTs with my solved mysteries.

Then I exclude the mysteries from the regional query and do the second query from the regional list.

The additional filter 1) would be helpfull and I could drop all the lists.

Regards, teddy.66

• Helpful 1