acronym...what is PSC?

gginnj

My guess is that it's something local, a style that is common at a place called "PSC", or a style that is common at a place called PS (thus, a PS cache), or a style that is associated with a person with the initials PSC or PS, or something like that.

Have you asked the owner of the cache what "PSC" means?

3 minutes ago, niraD said:

My guess is that it's something local, a style that is common at a place called "PSC", or a style that is common at a place called PS (thus, a PS cache), or a style that is associated with a person with the initials PSC or PS, or something like that.

Have you asked the owner of the cache what "PSC" means?

haven't checked with the owner yet - figured I'd see if it was a standard well known first....

15 minutes ago, gginnj said:

haven't checked with the owner yet - figured I'd see if it was a standard well known first....

The satellite view seems to narrow it down.  The Cache Owner has "not much of a hint" for a hint.  Look at the logs and not only does someone suggest a better hint (I'm no sure what's better about it but whatever), people also tell where the cache is.  And there's a picture of it (pill bottle may have changed since then).  And it's in a tough place to hunt and put it back unseen.  And a number of people couldn't find it. All this for a 2-star difficulty.  What a deal. :)

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

The satellite view seems to narrow it down.  The Cache Owner has "not much of a hint" for a hint.  Look at the logs and not only does someone suggest a better hint (I'm no sure what's better about it but whatever), people also tell where the cache is.  And there's a picture of it (pill bottle may have changed since then).  And it's in a tough place to hunt and put it back unseen.  And a number of people couldn't find it. All this for a 2-star difficulty.  What a deal. :)

the location was at closing, so the traffic wasn't too bad. we checked the lpc's - nope. a couple tree's , did look in the bushes, but couldn't get too intense, and there were people parked in the area.  I saw the post about the bush - also saw a tree that had a perfect cutout for a pill bottle - which was empty - and a branch near by - thinking maybe the branch fell, and landscapers trashed the cache? guess I'll find out when the CO replies.... Someone else thought maybe PSC could be pole skirt cache??

39 minutes ago, wmpastor said:

Could be a typo.  May mean "not PBC." Meaning "not pill bottle container."

Plausible since it may have originally been a PBC, and is no longer.

In that case, while the cache description says "You're looking for a camo'd pill bottle", the hint is the correction to the cache description.  And according to a finder, a bad hint.  Almost 200 finds, and just look at all the Favorite points.  This cache sure does seem super appealing.  It's a shame I can't go hunt it. B)

Edited by kunarion