Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
MrT

Deleting message in Message Center

Is it posible to delete a message? I can´t do it.  

13 minutes ago, MrT said:

No.

• Upvote 1

You can delete your message in the forums by selecting the message, click on  Options and select Delete.  This is being discussed in a couple of other threads.

2 hours ago, MrT said:

The message center, no, it isn't.   You can only "hide" messages.    :)

42 minutes ago, GeoTrekker26 said:

You can delete your message in the forums by selecting the message, click on  Options and select Delete.  This is being discussed in a couple of other threads.

Its interesting that there is such a difference between the "Message Center" in geocaching.com and "Messages" in forums.geocaching.com.

1 hour ago, Team Christiansen said:

Its interesting that there is such a difference between the "Message Center" in geocaching.com and "Messages" in forums.geocaching.com.

You read my mind.

5 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

LOL!!!  Yup. Thanks for the gentle correction!  

Interesting to me that with the GDPR requiring the forum to allow a person to delete their content that the Message Center doesn't do the same.

20 minutes ago, K13 said:

Interesting to me that with the GDPR requiring the forum to allow a person to delete their content that the Message Center doesn't do the same.

The public forum has text for all to read, and until recently, it was pretty much online forever in view.  The Message Center is private messaging, or as private as email.  It even sends an email.  Businesses are required by law to retain email within their servers, specifically not to have email deleted.  I don't have any idea if that's only certain businesses or only certain kinds of messages.  But this new thing where businesses must ensure that one can delete what one has sent, that seems to create crazy complications.  That text is never going away.  It's the Interwebs.  If you don't want it posted, don't post it.

Edited by kunarion