Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simrebel

App

8 posts in this topic

Has there ever been any talk  of creating a app  for Waymarking ??    I bet alot more poeple would get into it if there was something quick and easy to use 

When I am out geocaching I usually forget about  waymarks   and log them after the fact 

I completely agree with that.   All there is at this point is an app that is essentially a proxy to the Waymarking site that displays the information in a more phone-sized format friendly way.

However, the big problem with the existing app is that the login isn't working.  You login to it, then do anything at all and it tells you that you need to login!  If that were fixed, then it would be a great start.  But I don't think it has been worked on in like 4 years or so.

Posted (edited)

An other problem seems to be that Groundspeak does not provide the necessary API´s like on the geocaching.com servers. So the only working solution at the moment is "Waymarking Mobile" from chilehead.

Edited by GeoMaulis

22 minutes ago, GeoMaulis said:

An other problem seems to be that Groundspeak does not provide the necessary API´s like on the geocaching.com servers. So the only working solution at the moment is "Waymarking Mobile" from chilehead.

I use this from time to time and it's quite useful, if you just want to have a quick look at what waymarks are around.

5 hours ago, GeoMaulis said:

So the only working solution at the moment is "Waymarking Mobile" from chilehead.

I use it often to view WM's while in the field geocaching.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, Simrebel said:

Has there ever been any talk  of creating a app  for Waymarking ??    I bet alot more poeple would get into it if there was something quick and easy to use 

When I am out geocaching I usually forget about  waymarks   and log them after the fact 

Maybe... 

But if it's only gone this far since '05, doubtful.  Many believe the apps are what's wrong with geocaching today.

But I'd think a lot more would have gotten into it if they were "counted" originally, along with Found Its on the geocaching site, like the locationless that were similar.  :) 

I'll pile on.... There are several features that will make Waymarking much more useful...an app is among them. 

I'd like to be able to search for waymarks while "in the field", and upload photographs to the waymark pages from my phone.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:56 PM, cerberus1 said:

"Many believe the apps are what's wrong with geocaching today."

What are the general complaints about the apps?