Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fi67

750,000 Waymarks

32 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed? Waymark #750,000 is just a couple of minutes away.

0

Share this post


Link to post

UTC 09:13 We made it... and it's one posted by me. :o

1

Share this post


Link to post

:grin: 750,000 :grin:

Congratulations fi67. 

 

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-20 um 11.12.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-20 um 11.12.47.png

1

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, fi67 said:

UTC 09:13 We made it... and it's one posted by me. :o

RATS!!! Missed it by two on the high side and four on the low side. Maybe we'll catch 1,000,000...

 

Keith

EDIT: Now I have a question. Why does the page read only 749297 Waymarks with the ostensibly 750,000th WM five down on the page?

Edited by BK-Hunters
0

Share this post


Link to post

Also, the page reads as follows here:

 

Waymarking Site Statistics

Presently there are 749965 waymarks worldwide, listed in 1105 user-created categories.

Check out the recent waymarks or photos

Updated 7/20/2017 2:55:30 AM (Pacific)

...................
 
What? The waymarks get approved sooner in Europe than here in Groundspeak's time zone?:o:lol:
Keith
0

Share this post


Link to post

Well done everyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

RATS!!! Missed it by two on the high side and four on the low side. Maybe we'll catch 1,000,000

Can you get the first WM with five digits in the code?

WM10000

Edited by elyob
0

Share this post


Link to post

I'm REALLY glad 750,000 was a really nice waymark like that!

1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, iconions said:

I'm REALLY glad 750,000 was a really nice waymark like that!

We are, too. We could have had something like a MacDonald's Wi-Fi in that slot instead. Really glad to have seen that it was a good one and by someone like fi67. Don't let it go to your head, though, fi67. In life, many things are the result of good planning and many are the result of dumb luck. This was the latter. :)

 

I am, however, still in a quandary over this. Could some enlightened IT type explain to me how Andreas can be at the WM home page at 7/20/2017 2:12:12 AM (Pacific) and see 750,000 waymarks, yet when I open the same page at 20/2017 2:55:30 AM (Pacific), over 43 minutes later, I see 749965 Waymarks?

 

Have those crafty Germans invented a time warp that they are keeping to themselves? Is there a peculiar quirk about the WM site that escapes my grasp? Have we entered the "Twilight Zone"? Is this a relativistic effect? ... ...The mind reels...

 

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Have those crafty Germans invented a time warp that they are keeping to themselves? Is there a peculiar quirk about the WM site that escapes my grasp? Have we entered the "Twilight Zone"? Is this a relativistic effect? ... ...The mind reels...

 

Sounds like an xbox game I've played. Black Op Zombies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Manville Possum said:

Sounds like an xbox game I've played. Black Op Zombies?

Dunno nothin' 'bout no xbox games, so can't respond to that.

 

Just noticed your most recent icon though.

 

Kentucky Fried Chicken << >> Virginia Fried Possum?

 

Keith

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Dunno nothin' 'bout no xbox games, so can't respond to that.

 

Just noticed your most recent icon though.

 

Kentucky Fried Chicken << >> Virginia Fried Possum?

 

Keith

 

 

 

11 secret herbs and spices too, but it's also about the pressure fryer. Original KFC

0

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Manville Possum said:

 

11 secret herbs and spices too, but it's also about the pressure fryer. Original KFC

 

"11 secret herbs and spices" - all naive to Virginia, no doubt.

The pressure fryer - all copper, found deep in the woods, right?

 

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post

Well no, I'm talking about a pressure frying device, not a Moonshine still. I love to cook and grill.:wub:

0

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Manville Possum said:

Well no, I'm talking about a pressure frying device, ...

 

Sounds interesting, do you have one of those?

We have a recipe that makes chicken taste almost identical to KFC, but with less salt. A pressure fryer might be the final piece of the puzzle.

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post

I have a modified one made from a stainless pressure canner. The old square ones are hard to find, and I have been working on a design based on Sanders' pressure fryers. I believe they were Presto ? not sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post

Please focus in this thread on our great milestone 750,000. Thank you!

1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

We are, too. We could have had something like a MacDonald's Wi-Fi in that slot instead. Really glad to have seen that it was a good one and by someone like fi67. Don't let it go to your head, though, fi67. In life, many things are the result of good planning and many are the result of dumb luck. This was the latter. :)

 

I am, however, still in a quandary over this. Could some enlightened IT type explain to me how Andreas can be at the WM home page at 7/20/2017 2:12:12 AM (Pacific) and see 750,000 waymarks, yet when I open the same page at 20/2017 2:55:30 AM (Pacific), over 43 minutes later, I see 749965 Waymarks?

 

Have those crafty Germans invented a time warp that they are keeping to themselves? Is there a peculiar quirk about the WM site that escapes my grasp? Have we entered the "Twilight Zone"? Is this a relativistic effect? ... ...The mind reels...

 

Keith

I know very well that this is not a personal merit, but I still like it, especially that it is a very rare category.

 

When it comes to the discrepancy in the displayed numbers, I have no explanation. I know little of the IT internals of the site, but if it was my job to fix this, the first thing I would check was if there are different SQL cache settings on the two front end web servers.

0

Share this post


Link to post

I just went to the Waymarking home page, which I seldom do, and got 750294 Waymarks.

Perhaps it's more of a browser cache issue?

0

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, wayfrog said:

Please focus in this thread on our great milestone 750,000. Thank you!

 

Sorry about that,.... I know that Waymarking is not about the numbers or grids to me, but I totally forgot what the topic was and got carried away with KFC.:o

I have WM'd there in Corbin at the original KFC and plan on visiting again soon.

Anyway, congratulations on the 750,000 milestone and finally making it to the top. I think you called it my conspiracy theory, but you finally made it. Maybe with your leadership WM'n will soon reach 1,000,000 WM's and host it's own HQ sponsored event?:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, fi67 said:

I know very well that this is not a personal merit, but I still like it, especially that it is a very rare category.

 

Rare indeed. We have yet to come across one. You lucky dog, you.

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, fi67 said:

When it comes to the discrepancy in the displayed numbers, I have no explanation. I know little of the IT internals of the site, but if it was my job to fix this, the first thing I would check was if there are different SQL cache settings on the two front end web servers.

I get it now. Each server hits a cache instead of hitting the database. If the caches aren't refreshed synchronously,  we get two distinct versions of reality simultaneously.

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

This should blow someone away. I just now inadvertently deleted the coords for a search and it returned All Waymarks. 

The result? - 
Total Records: 749703 Page: 1 of 29989

Now explain that one...

Incidentally, - "Server: WAYMARK-WEB01"

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters
0

Share this post


Link to post

Do you have any categories on the ignore list?

0

Share this post


Link to post

Updated news!

 :antenna:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-25 um 15.38.44.png

4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Do you have any categories on the ignore list?

As a matter of fact I do. Don't know why, as I never chose to ignore it. Now, how do I UNignore it? Don't see a method for doing that.

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

As a matter of fact I do. Don't know why, as I never chose to ignore it. Now, how do I UNignore it? Don't see a method for doing that.

Keith

This is off topic; but briefly:
Use the Ignore List link on the right where all the links are listed -- in the Category Searches: area.
Click on the category name which is a link.
When the page comes up, you should see a thumbs-down symbol in a little red box with the words Ignore above it.
Click the hand.  Wait a bit, just like when choosing to make a category a favorite (thumbs-up symbol elsewhere).
The hand should change color from yellow or orange to clear.

Edited by MountainWoods
0

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Warren. Didn't realize anyone had replied here. After I posted that I played with the gadgets and, apparently, didn't wait long enough. Went to follow your suggestion just now and found that I had no ignored categories. My twiddling must have uningnored it.

Keith

0

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, there's a delay -- sometimes long -- when you click on the Like or Ignore hands for categories, etc.  Can cause cornfusion.

0

Share this post


Link to post

Here we are on the 5th Annual Waymarking Day with nearly 760,000 Waymarks.  Go for it!

What're y'all doing to celebrate.  Unfortunately I am swamped with farm work today, but I've done my share of reviewing for this morning, anyway.  Maybe I can get away later this afternoon and do some Waymarking.

0

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, MountainWoods said:

Here we are on the 5th Annual Waymarking Day with nearly 760,000 Waymarks.  Go for it!

What're y'all doing to celebrate.  Unfortunately I am swamped with farm work today, but I've done my share of reviewing for this morning, anyway.  Maybe I can get away later this afternoon and do some Waymarking.

It's also National Nut Bread day. Go figure.;)

0

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0