Cache containers

Perrin

I've seen several different types of cache containers at this point. Altoid box, various sizes of tupperware, little bottles, some type of military issue pouch, pvc tubes/pipes, but by far my favorite is the ammo box.

So what do you all use for cache containers, and does anyone know anywhere in western Washington that sells ammo boxes? Or what is the cheapest place to find them?

Is there anything comparable?

Signature? I don't need no stinkin signature!!!!

get ammo boxes from www.cheaperthandirt.com

ammo boxes rule!!!!

I will use other containers, but ammo boxes are teh best.

I used to work at Ed's Surplus up in Lynnwood Washington. Ammo boxes there as well, but pricey compared to cheaperthendirt.

I see you are down south some so perhaps some of the local cachers will know of a local shop you can get some if you don't want to go hte online route.

I agree, ammo boxes are pretty much the ultimate cache containers.

I would check out any surplus stores around Ft Lewis/McChord. They should have them. I was driving by Ed's Surplus in Lynnwood last week and there were hundreds stacked outside the store! (I picked up 2 of the .30-cal size, $5 each). You can find them for as little as $2 if you're lucky.

Good hunting!

I've heard (haven't checked myself lately) that cheapasdirt.com has gone up in price, so ammo containers might be cheaper at local surplus stores right now.

I also appreciate some of the creative containers that have been used to hide micros, or that work as natural camouflage. One of my favorite "recycled" containers was an AOL disk & container used as a stage in a multicache. The coords were written on the disk with a waterproof marker.

Cin

Ammo cans are the best. But the military has quit or will quit making them so they will go away and eventually they will go up in price to where something else will take over.

I've come to like the Decon containers. About the size of a band aid box. You can use them where most micros would go but they are not quite as obnoxiouse as a standard micro. They are watertight as well. Still this is for urban caches. They are a real pain in the woods like any other micro would be.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

I agree that ammo cans are the best overall cache container. I buy them at the Washington Arms Collector shows. Several of the vendors sell them, but usually one of them is running a special and you can get them for $2 each. The shows are held monthly at either the Puyallup or Monroe fairgrounds. Admission is $6 for non-members. The show schedule can be found at theWAC website.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

RE: Ammo Boxes

You can go to the surplus store in Bremerton, located in the 900 block of Callow Ave. The small ones are about 6 buck and the larger ones are around 8 bucks.

RE: Cache containers

When and if you ever do the caches at Howe Farm, you'll find a very unusual container there for the fifth cache. I'll leave that as a surprize!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=69688

Fledermaus

quote:
Originally posted by Perrin:

I've seen several different types of cache containers at this point. Altoid box, various sizes of tupperware, little bottles, some type of military issue pouch, pvc tubes/pipes, but by far my favorite is the ammo box.

So what do you all use for cache containers, and does anyone know anywhere in western Washington that sells ammo boxes? Or what is the cheapest place to find them?

Is there anything comparable?

Signature? I don't need no stinkin signature!!!!