Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Hello everyone! The Capital Kid here! I am new to Geocaching with this account. I have been caching for over a year (only found like 25 though...) but I was using that account as a tester account. Now that I am fully feeling this game, I have bought the premium membership and am ready to go! I am also going to be doing Geocaching videos on Daily motion under the same name (The_Capital_Kid) and am looking forward to having people checking those out. I hope to meet some awesome people here on the forums and please do feel free to post here if you are new!

Thanks for the read!

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1

Hello everyone! The Capital Kid here! I am new to Geocaching with this account. I have been caching for over a year (only found like 25 though...) but I was using that account as a tester account. Now that I am fully feeling this game, I have bought the premium membership and am ready to go! I am also going to be doing Geocaching videos on Daily motion under the same name (The_Capital_Kid) and am looking forward to having people checking those out. I hope to meet some awesome people here on the forums and please do feel free to post here if you are new!

Thanks for the read!

Welcome to Premium Membership!

If you're going to do videos, please remember to NEVER show the actual hiding places of real caches, or even what the container and its camouflage look like.

Cache on!

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2

Thanks for the read!

If you're going to do videos, please remember to NEVER show the actual hiding places of real caches, or even what the container and its camouflage look like.

Cache on!

Will do! Thank you very much, and if you pinned it, that is awesome thanks!

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the read!

Cache on!

Will do! Thank you very much, and if you pinned it, that is awesome thanks!

Hello

Hi, my name is Dijana or Pikapis on geocaching. Im from Lithuania but now living in Northern Ireland. Im searching for a geocaching friend or friends. I just want to improve my english language (couse I know it a little bit broken :D ) and make some friends. Feel free to write to me. If you want to see some my geocaching pictures you can find me on Instagram as Pikapis. I would love to talk and geocaching together :)

Edited by Pikapis1

Hello everybody,

My name's Tomas, I am from Czech Republic and discovered geocaching some weeks ago. It is so cool to play the game,

learn something new about the place I live, its history etc. Good luck to all the fellow geocachers around the world !

Hey, posting from Salt Lake Utah. Really got into caching after getting an iphone last year. I have under 200 finds and bought my first gps last week, so I still feel like a newbie. Really loving the adventure, but bug my family when I tell them where caches are and finding them whenever we are on an outing! My brother-in-law introduced me to geocaching. It's my top hobby now.

I got into geocaching a few years ago, then stopped for a while, but now I'm getting back into it. My family and I just recently completed the Cache Across Maryland (USA) event, and it's a great event to participate in. The Maryland Geocaching Society does a lot of great work every year, and I really appreciate what they do. You can read about the CAM if you're interested.

Edited by Spliffa

Hello fellow cachers. A friend introduced me to geocaching a few months ago, and it has become a addiction ever since. We are retired and fulltime RVing. Traveling the country and abroad. While it seems to have its pro's and con's. Mostly pro's....I love finding new caches everytime we are in a new area. Finding places to explore that we never would have seen otherwise. I love the idea of being able to move trackables along longer distances as we go. Cons...Finding events wherever we are requires a little more homework.

Hello everyone!

My name is Karol and I live in Wisconsin. I have been wanting to try Geocaching for several years now, but never really took the plunge. Last week, after a particularly rough week,and to cheer myself up...I decided on a whim to look it up in a phone app and see if there were any Caches in my local area (plenty). I thought what the heck, I'll see if a can find one on my way home from work. Not only did I find it, I had an absolute blast looking for it! I now have a total of 8 searches under my belt with 5 finds. I am hooked. What's more, I am an avid hiker and camper, so I'm looking forward to adding this activity to my camping outings and hikes. I signed up for a 3 month, Premium membership yesterday and I am interested in any Geocaching meet & greets in the Sauk County, Wisconsin area if anyone knows of any. I would love to meet fellow Cachers and build on this as a fun hobby! A heartfelt Thank You goes out to all who have placed well thought out Caches for folks like me to find!

Hello all, Tom here from the middle of SW Texas. I joined in 2010 with every intention of actively participating but life got in the way. I found my first cache this past January after retirement and the sickness began. After reading through some of the threads here I realize I need to throttle back a notch or two and concentrate on learning the smaller details rather than accumulating numbers.

Hi Just a quick introduction. I'm HDDiva from Ontario Canada. I'm new to caching. I just started the end of April and I'm absolutely addicted. I have 50 finds so far. I find it so much fun and it is great discovering new places that I never knew existed right in my own area. It took me awhile to be able to post onto the forum pages, but I'm finally here, and you will probably be seeing more of me. :)

Edited by HDDiva

Hi, my name is Dijana or Pikapis on geocaching. Im from Lithuania but now living in Northern Ireland. Im searching for a geocaching friend or friends. I just want to improve my english language (couse I know it a little bit broken :D ) and make some friends. Feel free to write to me. If you want to see some my geocaching pictures you can find me on Instagram as Pikapis. I would love to talk and geocaching together :)

Hello Dijana! Your English is pretty good I think. I just started GC'ing too. Would be nice to find some other ladies in my area to go hunting with. I don't have instagram but it's nice to be able to chat on this website anyway.

Hello everyone!

My name is Karol and I live in Wisconsin. I have been wanting to try Geocaching for several years now, but never really took the plunge. Last week, after a particularly rough week,and to cheer myself up...I decided on a whim to look it up in a phone app and see if there were any Caches in my local area (plenty). I thought what the heck, I'll see if a can find one on my way home from work. Not only did I find it, I had an absolute blast looking for it! I now have a total of 8 searches under my belt with 5 finds. I am hooked. What's more, I am an avid hiker and camper, so I'm looking forward to adding this activity to my camping outings and hikes. I signed up for a 3 month, Premium membership yesterday and I am interested in any Geocaching meet & greets in the Sauk County, Wisconsin area if anyone knows of any. I would love to meet fellow Cachers and build on this as a fun hobby! A heartfelt Thank You goes out to all who have placed well thought out Caches for folks like me to find!

Hi Karol! You sound like me! I'm totally hooked now too. Wish I was closer...I'm in East TN here.

Hi Just a quick introduction. I'm HDDiva from Ontario Canada. I'm new to caching. I just started the end of April and I'm absolutely addicted. I have 50 finds so far. I find it so much fun and it is great discovering new places that I never knew existed right in my own area. It took me awhile to be able to post onto the forum pages, but I'm finally here, and you will probably be seeing more of me. :)

It's good to see other ladies involved in this wonderful new hobby! Wow you are smoking it 50 finds in a month or two! I've got 8 under my belt and like you have found beautiful places near me I never knew existed! Took the waverunners out last week to Geocache the lake.....fell off an island and got my cell phone wet :( Today I bought a waterproof garmin though and I can't wait to start using it when it arrives Saturday! :) Good to meet you...see you around this site!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sara and my son Jason ( 7 yrs old) are new to this and are loving it! We make it into these adventures but we have to find ways to deal with the florida heat!!!!! Look forward to doing more! We seem to get better prepared when we go out. We are again also still learning ! I did my first crawl through some bushes today and that was fun and thrilling but sucked because I hate spiders!! I wanted to show my son I was afraid but still willing to go for it! We were smart and prepared and he got to trade for his first time! It is funny though we tend to have trouble finding big ones but have been lucky with the tiny ones haha. Thanks for getting my son outside again!!!!!!

Hi everyone.

I'm new to geocaching, found out about it a few weeks back. Got 10 finds so far and loving it.

I like to take my 2 sons with me looking for caches which we find fun and it's some good exercise for us.

Looking forward to finding more and creating my own caches at some point.

Good to be here.

Edited by sasquatchlover

Hello. I have never looked for a geocache. I am joining this group and beginning this new hobby because of a very precious and old tree that is a Native American "marker tree" that my husband and I discovered in Forestport, NY 2 weeks ago. The good folks at mountainstewards.org have asked for a lat-lon for their database, but there is no cell coverage at the tree. The process of shopping for a handheld GPS (and reading product reviews from geocachers) has revealed a potential new hobby that my husband and I (celebrating our 1 year anniversary next weekend) will most certainly enjoy together for years and years.

We welcome your advice and guidance in our new adventures.

Kathleen and Steve ❤️

Hello. I have never looked for a geocache. I am joining this group and beginning this new hobby because of a very precious and old tree that is a Native American "marker tree" that my husband and I discovered in Forestport, NY 2 weeks ago. The good folks at mountainstewards.org have asked for a lat-lon for their database, but there is no cell coverage at the tree. The process of shopping for a handheld GPS (and reading product reviews from geocachers) has revealed a potential new hobby that my husband and I (celebrating our 1 year anniversary next weekend) will most certainly enjoy together for years and years.

We welcome your advice and guidance in our new adventures.

Kathleen and Steve ❤️

I love that a tree has brought you to find Geocaching. My children and I have watched all these amazing trees being destroyed in our area for about 3 years now due to urban sprawl. If you look at my profile picture you will see our current favorite tree. We call it the "Chicken Tree." My daughter decided it looks like a rooster. We are all praying that it doesn't get beheaded in the expansion of a road.

Hello All, :D

I am sorta new to Geocaching. I heard about it years ago and wanted to get into it but I just piddled around with it. Translation: I would visit easy to find ones that I could find on Google, but didn't really play.

We decided we could not afford our normal 12 day wandering the U.S. car trip summer vacation this year (hubby lost his job, but has one again). I bought the Premium Membership so that we could still have tiny vacations in the form of short outings and treasure hunting. B) Several years ago we camped the whole trip, Texas to Wisconsin, then to Detroit, down through Tennessee, then wiggled our way back to Texas. It was fun but three kids trying to sleep in 100+ temps was pretty miserable. For our day trips I take A LOT of water. I get cranky in the heat too. :laughing:

Bit about me.... I used to own two different message boards. One was a "Mommy Board" and the other was a gripe board for parents of multiple birth kiddos. I have boy/girl twins that just turned 12. We also have a 10 year old son. I had to let them both go and close the virtual doors, because the financial output got to be too much. Now all my message board friends I keep up with on Facebook, but it is not the same. I miss being part of a community like this. I will probably post a lot once I find my bearings. I am a chatter. :understatement:

So far I have stopped at 4 Caches but only found 1, and that was a virtual. It's funny that when I wasn't really trying, wasn't really playing, I had no problem finding them. :lol: I have spent weeks reading everything on the Geocaching site, and researching the caches I want to get to. I have Lupus so I can't be out in the sun for long periods of time. I also have a neurological condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain gets overwhelming sometimes which is why I decided to jump into Geocaching. I don't work during the summer so this is giving me something to focus on. I get to share it with my kids and we end up with great stories.

Yesterday we went to several places with my hubby in tow. He is highly allergic to fire ants, which are everywhere in Texas. Just a light breeze carrying the pheromones from an ant hill sends him into anaphylaxis. He didn't get out of the car at one stop yesterday because I saw an ant hill right away. The next stop we solved the riddles then his lips started disappearing and his face was swelling so we had to beat feet to get Benadryl in him. Sooo...... we have had a slow start. :rolleyes:

Bless you if you read my entire post. ^_^ I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.

Edited by LedDuck

Hello Everyone,

My name is mrscjturner. I am new to Geo-caching but decided to sign up as a premium member to get the full experience. Using this as a way to get out exploring more with my children and they love it too. On our first small walk we found 3 caches and yesterday we followed a Trial and found 13 caches which was very exciting. For us this is an afternoon thing once they have finished nursery in the morning but we are very excited about the adventures we are going to have and all the new areas we will explore now that we wouldn't of otherwise visited. As my twins like to say "we are looking for treasure", although yesterday we left more treasure than we took.

Anyway it's lovely to be a part of this community and thankyou to everyone who provides the caches as we couldn't do it without you. :-)

Good day everyone... Looking forward to the adventure. Have always considered it, but now time to take the plunge into the deep end. I am amazed about how many catches are in my local area. Can't wait for my weekend 😏 Even have the wife looking forward to it. Our schedules don't mesh, so when we get the rare weekend together.. something to look forward to. Thanks for the adventure, I will try to be an active member, as I learn the ropes... Well, see you on the other side! And as a side note... My handle is my anniversary, let me tell you... You only want to forget it once in favor of going fishing with the guys... Ugh... Yea, I know. 3 day of hints, that flew rite over my head!! Soo.. I use it for my handle everywhere..

Edited by june82005

Hi ,

I am new to Geocaching,I a 34 years old single women. I like to travel all around the world then i found geocaching which bring me more fun while traveling. I can have a little game with myself and i hope to find "The one" during my trip, a person that have the same interest with me.

Hi ,

I am new to Geocaching,I a 34 years old single women. I like to travel all around the world then i found geocaching which bring me more fun while traveling. I can have a little game with myself and i hope to find "The one" during my trip, a person that have the same interest with me.

Welcome!

Hope to meet you someday in the Amazon... or Lisbon, when I return HOME. :)

Howdy,

Retired, Married, Disabled (cane).  Need exercise, but hate loathe mall walking.  Discovered GC accidentally a few weeks ago, so giving it a try.  Have to see how it works out for me before committing to Premium Member & a GPS unit (though I've done some preliminary research, and think I've picked one out :unsure:).  Right now I'm brute-forcing it and sticking with T<=1.5 so I don't wind up critter food. :rolleyes: 

Wouldn't mind finding a GC buddy/partner. I'm a designer by vocation, so I have some ideas (and some skills) for some challenging/interesting caches, but need to partner up with someone with other skills I lack/am weak in.  Again, I guess we'll have to see.  B)

(Is there a way to change/choose fonts in this version?  I'm not seeing one...)

Hello everyone, I've heard of geocaching a while ago. Finally decided to join in on the fun. I found 2 out of 3 in the last two days. Looking forward to finding more. I'm from Orange County, N.Y. If you're from around here or familiar with the area feel free to drop me a line. I would be interested in meeting some fellow geocachers.  Happy hunting everyone.

Edited by B0n3z730
Spell check

Hello everyone! I actually have been a member since 2010, but have not really got started until earlier this year! I enjoy the search, going to places, finding places, that I never knew existed, all because someone hid something there! If anyone wants to geocache with me in this beautiful Gold Country, I am east of Sacramento CA., feel free to contact me! 

Hey community, i decided that summer would be good for adventures and treasure and remembered how much fun i had with GC ages ago.  We reside in Calgary, AB and are a team consisting of a single dad and his 9yr old son and 6 yr old daughter (they chose the name, i just found the avatar lol).

looking forward to seeing what we can find around our city.

*waves to everybody

Hello. My name is Marek, I'm from Czech Republic, currently studying Information Technology at CTU in Prague. I registered to GC as a part of my beloves of nature and tourism, and of course photography :) I'm just a basic member yet, with no cache found yet, but I've already prepared some to seek for soon :)

My goal is to just explore more of my beatiful country, take photos of Czech nature and share my achieved excitements :)

Happy caching :)

Hi there!

My name is Michele and I'm from the Michigan, USA. I'm currently studying Mortuary Science. I love science fiction, history, art, strange history, reading, hiking, and the list sort of goes on. I'm super new to geocaching (I only have 6 found and a few that were either lost or I was just bad at looking), but I'm already planning my first drop! Have the location in mind, just looking for some neat swag to drop in for people to take with them. Happy hunting!

Hello everyone,

My name is Sauli, and I am currently living in Zürich (Switzerland) decided to start my geocachning journey as a way to activate myself and meet new people in the process. So I am a complete newbie to this and would love to get some tips on areas to start with :) Also if you are looking for company for a hunt, do send a message!

-Sauli