More Geo-Decals!

fractal

I just got some more Geocaching window decals made up. They measure 6"x6" and come in the following colors: red, white, yellow, green, and now PURPLE!

Here's what they look like:

fractal-geo-decal.jpg

Here's how to apply them:

Clean window (these are stuck on the outside)

Peel paper backing from decal, leaving it stuck to the tape part.

Place decal (sticky side down) onto window and smooth out ALL the bubbles.

Peel off tape and leave decal stuck to window.

Later on I'll post where I'm leaving the decals.

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

We still have our Black Geocaching decal that we were able to snag from the "Low, Medium, High" cache (I'm pretty sure it was that one). Which was a good treat after all that driving around. Anyways, these decals are cool and it's really nice of you to make them. Maybe next time we head down towards Eugene, we'll drop one or two off in a cache down there. I think we might be headed that way next weekend, but we're not sure yet.

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

quote:
Originally posted by White Rabbit:

...I think we might be headed that way next weekend, but we're not sure yet...

Sounds like you'll be heading down there before me. Think I could get some decals to you folks to place down that way? I know you White Rabbits don't like to be seen, so I can arrange a drop at certain coordinates if you like icon_smile.gif

-fractal

[This message was edited by fractal on July 05, 2002 at 07:52 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by White Rabbit:

...I think we might be headed that way next weekend, but we're not sure yet...

Sounds like you'll be heading down there before me. Think I could get some decals to you folks to place down that way? I know you White Rabbits don't like to be seen, so I can arrange a drop at certain coordinates if you like icon_smile.gif

-fractal

[This message was edited by fractal on July 05, 2002 at 07:52 PM.]

Well, we were planning on taking some down that way on our way to Honeyman park in Florence, but we can't get any campsites for the rest of summer. Stupid reservations, why can't people just go on spontanious trips anymore? Why does the campground have to reserve 400 of their 450 spots? There's no chance that we'll be able to snag one of the first come first serve spots because we'll be taking off Friday after work. So, I don't think we'll be headed down that way as we originally planned.

Alright, we just now decided that we're just going to wing it this weekend. No plans, no reservations, just headed down towards Florence for the weekend hoping something will be open somewhere. If not, well, we'll figure something out.

Anyways, if Fractal could tell us where we could pick up some decals without being detoured too much (preferrably in a cache we've already found and know where it is {maybe "Elegia")) then we can drop some off down towards Eugene. We might not go through Eugene, but they would at LEAST be in Florence which isn't that far from Eugene. We're leaving right after work tomorrow night, so if Fractal could possible tell us where we might be able to pick some up later tonight, we can try our best to do so.

I left about 12 decals in the same park as Elegia. Details will be sent to you soon. And, as a 'thank you' for helping me distribute the stickers, I left a prototype of my future signature item!

While in the park, I checked on Elegia and it's gone icon_frown.gif I'll archive it shortly.

-fractal

I left about 12 decals in the same park as Elegia. Details will be sent to you soon. And, as a 'thank you' for helping me distribute the stickers, I left a prototype of my future signature item!

While in the park, I checked on Elegia and it's gone icon_frown.gif I'll archive it shortly.

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

-fractal

Bummer man, I wonder what happened to it. Seemed like a pretty dang good hiding spot to us. That's a real bummer, too bad you can't redo the location, but then you'd have to redo the entire puzzle. It's a shame it didn't last longer.

We'll try and distribute the decals along our way. We'll probably put 3 or 4 in each cache we find. I'll of course leave a note on one of them saying to leave it for "familyO'foxes" since they seem to want one.

P.S. familyO'foxes---what color did you want??

P.P.S Fractal--Love your avataar thing (The Wall)!!

quote:

-fractal

Bummer man, I wonder what happened to it. Seemed like a pretty dang good hiding spot to us. That's a real bummer, too bad you can't redo the location, but then you'd have to redo the entire puzzle. It's a shame it didn't last longer.

We'll try and distribute the decals along our way. We'll probably put 3 or 4 in each cache we find. I'll of course leave a note on one of them saying to leave it for "familyO'foxes" since they seem to want one.

P.S. familyO'foxes---what color did you want??

P.P.S Fractal--Love your avataar thing (The Wall)!!

quote:

-fractal

Bummer! That was going to be one of my projects this weekend while the family is out of town visiting grandparents.

Oh well, there is still ESP cache, I've only been there three or four times.

quote:

-fractal

Bummer! That was going to be one of my projects this weekend while the family is out of town visiting grandparents.

Oh well, there is still ESP cache, I've only been there three or four times.

I was going to do Elegia for my 100th cache. I guess I'll complete the puzzle and find where it *was* just for the heck of it, but I'll save it for a bit later now.

*whimper*

btw, the wife is heading down to Eugene next Friday with the kids, if you want a 2nd set delivered. She knows where my I-5/OHL cache is hidden and can easily drop some in.

Also, I will be in Sun River next month if you'd like help spreading some eastward.

-

I'll see what I can do...

If I do put it back, it won't be in the same spot.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a picture of Pdxmarathonman's daughter (CrashNBurnGirl) standing on top of the rock that the cache was under!

quote:
CrashNBurnGirl, while standing on top of the rock, said:

"It can't be under the rock!"

Another funny moment was when Bodoni set his GPS on top of the rock to let it settle down a bit while he searched in other areas! Holding back the laughter was tough!!

-fractal

quote:

Another funny moment was when Bodoni set his GPS on top of the rock to let it settle down a bit while he searched in other areas! Holding back the laughter was tough!!

Hey now, in my defense The TJ! had moved the rock. So even though my GPS was saying 0.00' I couldn't see the cache because I was standing on it! I thought it was in a tree for sure.

pdxmarathonman posted a letter from Kyle Spinks, who has been leaving notes in caches and then removing them, on this thread: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000973683&m=4710974105

[snip]

Three others I was unable to locate in the time I allotted myself (one hour per site) and the last unlocated cache, Elegia:GC68AC, I haven't taken the time to decode the downloaded file yet.

[snip]

Notice he said yet.

Honestly (and technically), it wasn't buried icon_wink.gif

The top of the container had a chunk of cammo attached to it that looked like the ground... I honestly thought people would see the rock in the middle of that area and instantly think "that MUST be where it's at!"

I suppose the park guy could have removed it, but I'm sure he would have let me know.

When Bodoni was searching for the cache, a strange (shirtless) person did wander up from the area of the RR tracks and said hi to us. I guess the area was a little busier than I thought.

-fractal

Honestly (and technically), it wasn't buried icon_wink.gif

The top of the container had a chunk of cammo attached to it that looked like the ground... I honestly thought people would see the rock in the middle of that area and instantly think "that MUST be where it's at!"

I suppose the park guy could have removed it, but I'm sure he would have let me know.

When Bodoni was searching for the cache, a strange (shirtless) person did wander up from the area of the RR tracks and said hi to us. I guess the area was a little busier than I thought.

-fractal

I seriously doubt Kyle removed the cache. I gave him a general description of the cache over the phone and he only expressed the same amazement as the rest of us.

His concerns are more along the lines of safety to cachers and enviroment, and except for the sacrificed kitten icon_eek.gif there was no harm done by this cache.