Will You attend NY/NJ Picnic?

Team Shibby

Would you like to join the NY/NJ Geocache event?

For Silas Conduit Park In Kinnelon NJ

Saturday May 11, 2002 - Covered Pavillon Open

Sunday May 12, 2002 - Mother's Day - Rented

Saturday May 18, 2002 - Covered Pavillon Open

Please post which date will be best for you.

Either saturday is good for me. I can bring a couple cases of soda.

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

teamshibbylogo.jpg

[This message was edited by Team Shibby on April 01, 2002 at 10:02 AM.]

[This message was edited by Team Shibby on April 01, 2002 at 07:58 PM.]

It sounds like fun, unfortunately May is not looking like a good month for us, we've got something going on most every weekend plus a trip to Arkansas right in the middle. I'll keep my eyes open for your plans and if there's anyway we can sneak away we certainly will try icon_smile.gif

It sounds like fun, unfortunately May is not looking like a good month for us, we've got something going on most every weekend plus a trip to Arkansas right in the middle. I'll keep my eyes open for your plans and if there's anyway we can sneak away we certainly will try icon_smile.gif

I expect to be there. May 11th or 18th are fine with me, or most Saturdays. Sundays are no good, as I work on an archaeological excavation in the morning and I coach soccer Sunday afternoons.

Silas Condict park is an ideal place and not just because it's 2 miles from my house. There are a large number of Geocaches within 15 miles of the park, the large pavillion makes for a rain or shine event and they allow the all important beer (with the permit). And I found my first Geocache (Feargus) there.

It seems like the most support is for May 11th, but the 18th is also OK with me. As another person said, don't let the lack of responses here discourage you. A lot of people don't visit these forums. Once you post the "event" then you'll have a better idea.

PTK are you going to take care of the arrangements? Let me know and I'll send a check to help out.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

From the earliest talk on this project, I saw a price listed to reserve the pavilion. The price was for a Morris County resident.

Has any action been taken on this? If not, are non-county residents able to reserve the pavilion?

Yes I believe anyone can reserve the park at this point in time and I think the prices are the same. I am Morris County resident but not certain I can make these dates so I would not obtain a permit if I can't be there. Matter a fact, I believe permittee presence is required

I'd go for the permit, but I'm not sure if I can get there before the office closes. I don't even know where it is, but I guess I can find out easily enough. I'll give it a shot and if the 11th or 18th are still open, I'll get the permit for one of those dates. 11th is the first choice, agreed?

Also, neither of my links worked, but this one should. Just click on "parks", and go to the "pulldown" and select Silas Condict:

http://www.parks.morris.nj.us/

Hey, maybe the info I need is here. I'll take a look

The covered pavillion in Silas Condict is now booked through the summer. But there are 4 group sites still available for May 18th. I figure if it rained, we'd get a limited turnout even if we had booked the pavillion, so no big deal about booking an open site. I will check out each of them tomorrow, If everyone is still up for a May picnic, I'll book the site on Wed. What say y'all?