Time for another pathetic, shameless plug!

The Artful Dodger

quote:
Originally posted by Randall J. Berry:

That one may very well be worth a trip to NJ for a visit..

Randall J. Berry

davros@mdgps.net)

http://www.mdgps.net

Well, as long as we're plugging caches...

If you DO come to NJ, be sure to stop at Nymph and the rest of our woodland trilogy on the way! Easy access to all major highways. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, give me a shout on the Fords 2M repeater or the 2m calling freq.

K2APK

quote:
Originally posted by Randall J. Berry:

That one may very well be worth a trip to NJ for a visit..

Randall J. Berry

davros@mdgps.net)

http://www.mdgps.net

Well, as long as we're plugging caches...

If you DO come to NJ, be sure to stop at Nymph and the rest of our woodland trilogy on the way! Easy access to all major highways. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, give me a shout on the Fords 2M repeater or the 2m calling freq.

K2APK

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

It's not working in my communicator 4.75 The map does not show up at all...and my MSIE 5.5 shows the map but I seem to be missing something still. hmmmmm

Aww...rats! This may be a browser compatibility problem or something. BrianSnat cannot see my Phantasmagoria or this Puzzled cache as well. icon_confused.gif

I am using IE 5.5 as well. Everyone else I know can see the cache page just fine.

Does anyone have any idea as to why some people can and cannot see these cache pages of mine? Anybody else having problems viewing the pages?

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

It's not working in my communicator 4.75 The map does not show up at all...and my MSIE 5.5 shows the map but I seem to be missing something still. hmmmmm

Aww...rats! This may be a browser compatibility problem or something. BrianSnat cannot see my Phantasmagoria or this Puzzled cache as well. icon_confused.gif

I am using IE 5.5 as well. Everyone else I know can see the cache page just fine.

Does anyone have any idea as to why some people can and cannot see these cache pages of mine? Anybody else having problems viewing the pages?

Well at least I'm not alone with this. Oddly enough, when Phantasmorgia was first posted, I saw it perfectly. That's why I realized the page was missing stuff the next time I viewed it.

It's possible that I first viewed it in work, but I'm pretty sure I saw it first using my home PC.

BTW, I'm having the same problem whether I use Netscape 4.72 or IE 5.50.4134.0600

Hmmm... It appears that a powerful HTML tag has some incompatibility issues with some browsers that dont have certain plug-ins installed.

The HTML tag in question is the <object> tag that allows me to bring contents from another HTML page into the current cache page. That's how I get around limitations and create bells, whistles etc that are on my various cache pages (Hey! I have a lot of free time! icon_wink.gif )

In the meantime, I have placed a Link at the bottom of the cache pages that simply links to the other HTML page that I was trying to embed in the first place. A little tacky, I know, but until I can a heads-up on how to fix it, it will have to do for now.

Hmmm... It appears that a powerful HTML tag has some incompatibility issues with some browsers that dont have certain plug-ins installed.

The HTML tag in question is the <object> tag that allows me to bring contents from another HTML page into the current cache page. That's how I get around limitations and create bells, whistles etc that are on my various cache pages (Hey! I have a lot of free time! icon_wink.gif )

In the meantime, I have placed a Link at the bottom of the cache pages that simply links to the other HTML page that I was trying to embed in the first place. A little tacky, I know, but until I can a heads-up on how to fix it, it will have to do for now.

Hey!!!

I'm not puzzled anymore. I opened it with IE6 (yuck) and it worked great.

You have waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands. Soon you'll be catching up to me icon_wink.gif

Nice cache page Dodger.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

Hey!!!

I'm not puzzled anymore. I opened it with IE6 (yuck) and it worked great.

You have waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands. Soon you'll be catching up to me icon_wink.gif

Nice cache page Dodger.

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

quote:
Originally posted by The Artful Dodger:

If you can, consider setting up a cheapo 486 or something running Linux and Netscape (a Microsoft-free zone) for compatibility testing. It's very handy when you're going to put as much effort into your stuff as you do.

Send me an email if you want, I may have an extra PC laying around for you.

ApK