Members list

Gatwick Girl

Is it possible for me to view the Members list? When I click on the link I get an error message: '[# 10230] you are not permitted to view our online list.'

Is it just playing up my end or is there a genuine reason why I can't view it? Thanks!!! :-)

Needed too much power from the hamsters, so was discontinued, so they could keep the rest of the site going. :)

No... it's not just you.

But... if you are referring to the [memberS] tab in top-line of the forums, I understood that was forum posters only, anyway... not all geocachers in total.

These forums are not part of geocaching.com. It is hosted for geocaching.com by another entity. It would have no reason to hold a geocaching.com membership base.

So, is it too difficult to remove the link?

This is not the first time this question has been asked since it was disabled.

really .... there seems to be enough other useless fluff introduced around the boards. You'd think someone could take 2 minutes and remove that link!

Forum software is not a Groundspeak product so it is not theirs to modify.

really .... there seems to be enough other useless fluff introduced around the boards. You'd think someone could take 2 minutes and remove that link!

Not likely.

No modifying of software needed ... just the headings and forum settings ... that CAN be modified by the user.

Not likely.

No modifying of software needed ... just the headings and forum settings ... that CAN be modified by the user.

Perhaps with recent versions of the forum software. Keep in mind that Groundspeak is running a version that is around 8 years old. I'll bet that in this version the only option was to disable the list, with no option to hide the link.

Not likely.

Perhaps with recent versions of the forum software. Keep in mind that Groundspeak is running a version that is around 8 years old. I'll bet that in this version the only option was to disable the list, with no option to hide the link.

Could be, but unless they paid someone to set the board up for them, usually you get a bare bones board, and the board admins get a ton of options to customize it how they want.

Anyway ....

Gotta be some reason they are leaving that link there.

Anyway ... kinda off topic for the OP's question.

Well it's someone's, so presumably someone could do it.