Friends and FTFs

I was wanting to see people's opinions on this. My friend and I are from the same town and as soon as I post one he gos for it. Now yes you can claim that it is fair game but does that kind of seem tacky when your friend is getting your FTFs? Just wanted to see others thoughts and opinions.

I told him that I did not want him to go for them to let others go for them but all he cares about is his stats.

Not a problem! However, you may be accused of giving him the coordinates before publication if it's well known you're homies. People do that. As a matter of fact, a couple guys were doing that in my area way back in 2004 and 2005. And it wasn't the least bit obvious. That's sarcasm, it was obvious. And caches generally took a few days to be published back then, at least in my area. :P

Yes most of the other big cachers that go for FTFS know that we are friends and cache together all the time. On one of my caches that he got a FTF on the next person could not find it and they said I will await for a reports from someone who is the BFF of the hider pffft!

Yes most of the other big cachers that go for FTFS know that we are friends and cache together all the time. On one of my caches that he got a FTF on the next person could not find it and they said I will await for a reports from someone who is the BFF of the hider pffft!

Yes - I know - already read the logs.

Don't fight it, embrace it. I'd create a cache making fun of "the problem", complaining about him always making my caches look easy. I'd use my knowledge of his failings to make it extra challenging for him -- or at least pretend to -- and then curse the fates when I had to acknowledge that he was FTF, anyway. (I don't congratulate the FTF in my descriptions, but I'd make an exception in this case, and I might add begrudging congratulations in the previous caches.)

Unless there is another cacher who showed up within 2 minutes and it was already pre-signed, I think you are worrying about a problem that does not exist. I have a few FTFs on friend's caches but I got the notification message like everyone else. Once in a blue moon a friend has given me coordinates in advance, and in those cases, I have just waited til folks found it as I did not want the advantage.

Next time you place a cache, ask the reviewer to publish it on a specific future date. Make sure you take your friend out of town on that date. That will give everyone else the chance to get the cache before your friend. Of course, that may damage your friendship if he found out you did that to him, so proceed at your own discretion.

Next time you place a cache, ask the reviewer to publish it on a specific future date. Make sure you take your friend out of town on that date. That will give everyone else the chance to get the cache before your friend. Of course, that may damage your friendship if he found out you did that to him, so proceed at your own discretion.

Cute idea! And I think distracting him when the cache goes public works well with my idea of having the cache celebrate this "problem". How could he be mad when he sees that the cache is all about the fact that he's just too darned good at getting FTFs?

Edited by dprovan

Thanks for all the input I just wanted to see it through the eyes of others. I personally think it looks a little fishy when your friend is getting all your FTFs. Then again the closest cacher is probably 30-50 miles away.

Not to worried about it just wanted to see what other cachers would think about friends going for their friends FTFS

Thanks