No find streak challenge?

MotorBug

Now that August madness is nearly done I'm looking for my next challenge. A 30 day no find streak seems about right and I have heard there is such a challenge but I am not finding it. Anyone know the GC#?

from the official rules of challenge caches:

"A challenge geocache needs to appeal to, and be attainable by, a reasonable number of geocachers. A challenge geocache may not specifically exclude any segment of geocachers. If a geocacher is required to alter their caching style or habits, such as avoiding a particular geocache type to attain a specific percentage or average, the geocache will not be published."

Perhaps even more apropos, from the guidelines:

7.One should not have to 'give up' finding other geocaches to achieve a challenge geocache's requirements.

That says it. Non accomplishments are not a suitable basis for a challenge. Personally I don't like these. and would rather they be given their own cache type so I can filter them out.

I know about this one GC2KXP4, which is a challenge to only find one in a calendar month, but I don't know of any no-finds challenge.

That's a hoot! If it wasn't on the wrong end of the country, I would go log it. I'm not a fan of challenge caches, as a general rule, as locally, their primary purpose seems to be to act as a medium where cache owners can see just how convoluted they can make them. With regards to my personal tastes, these overtly complex challenges go way beyond clever and fun, all the way to annoying. The 'Find Only One' challenge, while probably not designed as such, seems to poke fun at all those other challenges.

I finally read the referenced challenge. Here is one facet:

- You may log this challenge multiple times. For each time you log this cache, you must have a different month in which you found only one cache. You must also make separate trips to sign the physical logsheet.

I wonder if that was there when it was originally submitted to the reviewer.

- You may log this challenge multiple times. For each time you log this cache, you must have a different month in which you found only one cache. You must also make separate trips to sign the physical logsheet.

I wonder if it would matter?

As cheesy as I find the practice, I don't think multiple logs violate the guidelines.

I wonder if it would matter?

As cheesy as I find the practice, I don't think multiple logs violate the guidelines.

I 'spect you are correct. I'm running out right now to "refind" the cache closest to my house so I can score today's souvenir.

Truth be told, early in my geocareer I did get a couple double logs that were "authorized" by owners, but that was many years ago. I haven't seen this mentioned on an actual cache page for a long long time.

There's no rule prohibiting multipe finds of a cache. If someone wanted they could get the 31 days of August by going to the nearest 31 times.

Now that August madness is nearly done I'm looking for my next challenge. A 30 day no find streak seems about right and I have heard there is such a challenge but I am not finding it. Anyone know the GC#?

There are some grandfathered challenges involving "no find" streaks. I don't remember any specifically for 30 days, but here's one for 100 days:

Challenge of a Century: Negative Streak (GC2KVY9)

and another for 3 days:

Breaking the Streak Challenge #3 (GC30J54)

Thanks for all the interesting replies!

A no find streak for me of more than a couple of weeks seems unlikely. I like getting out for a cache and many of my friends are cachers. There are also some very good caches around here. I have my own personal challenge of getting 11 caches for every calendar day including February 29th. I would not let a no find streak interfere with that.

I'm not a streak guy at all, and this August one has been a little more than what I would call fun truth be told, but just one more day to go. It has definitely been made bearable by a few cachers having short events in the area. Souvenirs are okay, don't really care one way or the other, but I thought there would be a 'prize' from GC or someone would do a challenge about in. In fact there already is in this area.

My previous longest found 'streak' was 16 days back in 2005. My longest no find 'streak' was 17 days so really about all I was thinking about was doubling that for the heck of it.

7.One should not have to 'give up' finding other geocaches to achieve a challenge geocache's requirements.

That says it. Non accomplishments are not a suitable basis for a challenge. Personally I don't like these. and would rather they be given their own cache type so I can filter them out.

In this day and age of power trails, and 30 day cache challenges, isn't going a month without a find an accomplishment?

In this day and age of power trails, and 30 day cache challenges, isn't going a month without a find an accomplishment?

Heck yea!!