PQs not picking up corrected co-ordinates

fitzsimons

PQs I've downloaded since 30 May have not included co-ordinates which I have corrected on the cache listing page. Prior to that it seemed to work OK but my most recent PQs have just had the cache listing co-ords rather than anything I have corrected. I've read about this being a problem with the iPhone app but this seems to be a more general problem.

PQs I've downloaded since 30 May have not included co-ordinates which I have corrected on the cache listing page. Prior to that it seemed to work OK but my most recent PQs have just had the cache listing co-ords rather than anything I have corrected. I've read about this being a problem with the iPhone app but this seems to be a more general problem.

I've noticed this as well. PQs aren't grabbing the corrected coords when you run them.

Is it me? I've just downloaded my "home" PQ tonight and, once again, the corrected co-ords have not been picked up. It worked last time but not now.

The PQ and API working correctly is determined by the phase of the moon, the amount of chicken blood on the altar, and the number of virgins signing Hallelujah. The requirements change daily.

Edited by jholly

Is it me? I've just downloaded my "home" PQ tonight and, once again, the corrected co-ords have not been picked up. It worked last time but not now.

The PQ and API working correctly is determined by the phase of the moon, the amount of chicken blood on the altar, and the number of virgins signing Hallelujah. The requirements change daily.

:laughing:

Just thought I would post here to report that corrected coordinates via the api seem to be still broken. I have reported the issue through the recommend channels (email to api help) but sadly I have not as yet (now over two weeks) had any response.

I notice that Moun10bike has replied in this thread so I am hoping he (or someone at Groundspeak) will see this post and help clarify (I will also be making the same post in the api Developer forum)

Firstly some background. When corrected coordinates were introduced and provided by the api, there were ambiguity issues (for more information see this discussion). About two months ago we noticed a change in the Schema for the SearchForGeocaches api call and a new element was now being returned by this call (for more information see this discussion):

<a:IsCorrectedCoordinate>true</a:IsCorrectedCoordinate>

This new element went a log way to clearing up the ambiguity issues and in effect made the corrected coordinates "useable"

However, without notice, about two weeks ago this element suddenly disappeared and we no longer see it returned by the api call. For more information see this discussion

Can this be fixed please?