What is the longest your cache waited

My latest cache will have gone a week at 6 pm tomorrow (Wednesday May 15th) without any FTFinders. Terrain is a crazy 5 and the audit log shows plenty of lookers but still no takers. What's the longest one of your caches has gone unfound and why do you think it took so long?

My latest cache will have gone a week at 6 pm tomorrow (Wednesday May 15th) without any FTFinders. Terrain is a crazy 5 and the audit log shows plenty of lookers but still no takers. What's the longest one of your caches has gone unfound and why do you think it took so long?

Just over 5 months and counting. It's a tough puzzle.

Could you share the GC code? LOL That's crazy

Mines GC4BBX8

Mine usually go at least 2 or 3 days, I've had a couple go about a week and a half. Just simple traditionals, but my community is off the beaten path a bit and there aren't many cachers around here. Plus the few local cachers aren't big FTF hounds, so they'll just sit there until someone happens along

I've had a couple go a couple of weeks, usually they're just not near where people live and are out a ways from parking.

Overall my paddle caches get the fewest finds, and can go years between finds, but somebody generally gets out after FTF within a month.

Ifound a paddle cache that sat 6 months waiting on FTF. That area now has more cachers, and a couple of FTF hounds, no way that would happen now.

We placed this one on Jan. 5 2013 (GC43XTH) with no finders yet. It does appear to have some people watching it. It was a really hard trek placing it in the winter. The snow was really deep, we would get our snowshoes caught in downed trees that hid beneath the snow. Now that the snow is gone it should be a pretty easy hike, people sometimes prefer park and grabs over hikes it seems. We don't place to many park and grabs! B)

I like a tough puzzle but no solutions in 5 months? In my mind I have to ask what's the point? You have your reasons and that's fine. But for me 5 months would mean I wasn't being reasonable.

I like a tough puzzle but no solutions in 5 months? In my mind I have to ask what's the point? You have your reasons and that's fine. But for me 5 months would mean I wasn't being reasonable.

Five months is nothing. There was a cache nearby that went a year and a half before being found. I looked at it a couple of times and gave up. Turns out there was no real "logic" to the puzzle, you more or less had to guess how to solve it. After the FTF, teh CO gladly gave out hints on how to solve it.

There was another cacher or two who hid what they refered to as "unsolveable" puzzles (which of course were quickly solved). I thought I would do the same, seeing as there was a trend starting.

I am actually quite surprised no one has solved mine, based on the nature of the puzzle and my location (sorry if that is cryptic, but I don't want to give too much away). And I actually give the actual coordinates to the cache.

Neither of ours have been found since November. I've noticed a steep drop-off of any tougher caches in the area. Not just a dip, but a dive over the last year. This sport is evolving.

I've noticed the same thing here. Except here, even the semi-difficult puzzles (up to 3 stars) are getting found way less than previously. I know that puzzles and multis get found less frequently than traditionals, but some of them are now getting to the point of being a year between finds. These were caches that were getting found on a monthly basis not so long ago and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of new cachers in the area.