Fun with some candy mission

lorca.nl

Oke world..............

Let us have a fun tasty good simple CANDY mission :grin: :grin: :grin:

I decide to host a candy mission as i notice that in here a lot of people do like missions and love to eat candy....

It`s just a simple mission that contains a card, a un~activate coin and some candy......

I realise that sending over sea is not so cheap so it`s not the intention to do big boxes with candy but just for fun some little candy.....

As we human are not the only one`s that love`s candy but the animal under us also love to eat some candy Bruno told me that he like`s it when the dogs, cats,turtles, birds or any other pet can jump in this mission to...

If you like to do missions and suprises and love to make other cacher`s smile with a card a coin and some candy please join Bruno and me with this mission....

You can send me a mail with your team name ~ real name ~ adres and country to my profile....

There are just 3 rules by this candy mission and that are :

1* Keep your progres of the mission here on the forum when you sign in, recieved name, send your mission and when you recieved your mission

2* Let me know or you want to sent world wide or not so i can hold that in mind...

3* Some people have food allergie like nuts allergie, if you have something like that put that in the mail to as i don`t want someone get hurt by candy....

The sign in time closes next monday 13~05~2013 at 19:00 Holland time

a question first for the folks in the USA...are we allowed to ship food overseas?

ILYK

edited to add, very nice mission lorca.nl...how sweet of you (insert laughter here,) to think of a candy mission !

Edited by drneal

a question first for the folks in the USA...are we allowed to ship food overseas?

ILYK

edited to add, very nice mission lorca.nl...how sweet of you (insert laughter here,) to think of a candy mission !

Checking the USPS website the only restrictions I could find was on 'perishable' foods. Getting into summertime throughout the world, chocolates or anything that could soften/melt might not be a good idea.

Love the 'mission' idea, but think I'll pass where candy is involved. Mail trucks aren't usually air conditioned and even my cough drops don't do well in heated areas.

We're getting into triple digit temps here in the So California desert and June won't be anything but hotter. Maybe next time. I'll still participate in the popcorn brigade though ... :laughing:

Sent you an email to sign me up! Thanks for hosting this fun one!

Name sent: 05/07/13

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

There are so many kinds of candy that would be just fine for shipping and it doesn't have to be a huge package, so I will be glad to send my mission to anybody, anywhere. Even candy gift cards would work! I have received Swiss chocolate a number of times when a coiner sent me a coin from overseas...and it was delicious! One time, the chocolate piece even had a tracking number. :)

Thanks again for hosting! Thought we were going to call it a "coindy" mission? :P

I'm a bit worried about the kind of non-melting candy you might send :huh: Any suggestions?

Even chocolate holds up surprisingly well in the mail. Unless it's sitting in your hot mailbox for a bit it's going to come through just fine. Your mailbox is about the only place that it'll be that isn't climate controlled.

Still, I'd stay away from boxed chocolates like Junior Mints or Milk Duds. If they do melt they turn into a brick in the end of the box. Chocolate bars that are plastic wrapped (Hersheys, Cadbury's, Milky Way, Snickers, Mars) occasionally melt along the way, but put them in the fridge for a bit and they'll be good to go.

On my many deployments to Iraq over the years about the only candies that didn't do well were the aforementioned boxed chocolates. You could still eat them, but they were a mess. Everything else traveled just fine.

I'm a bit worried about the kind of non-melting candy you might send :huh: Any suggestions?

Even chocolate holds up surprisingly well in the mail. Unless it's sitting in your hot mailbox for a bit it's going to come through just fine. Your mailbox is about the only place that it'll be that isn't climate controlled.

Still, I'd stay away from boxed chocolates like Junior Mints or Milk Duds. If they do melt they turn into a brick in the end of the box. Chocolate bars that are plastic wrapped (Hersheys, Cadbury's, Milky Way, Snickers, Mars) occasionally melt along the way, but put them in the fridge for a bit and they'll be good to go.

On my many deployments to Iraq over the years about the only candies that didn't do well were the aforementioned boxed chocolates. You could still eat them, but they were a mess. Everything else traveled just fine.

Agree with this as I have even received chocolate from overseas and it's been fine.

But there are tons of other kinds of candies that wouldn't be a problem with melting - lifesavers, butterscotch drops, skittles, pretty much any hard candy.

Don't know about anybody else, but the point of the mission, for me anyway, is just the fun of sharing with others and the geocoins (of course!). The candy is a cute addition (especially based on the reason it got started :laughing: ) but shouldn't cause stress...even one little piece of candy would suffice for me!

Agree with this as I have even received chocolate from overseas and it's been fine.

But there are tons of other kinds of candies that wouldn't be a problem with melting - lifesavers, butterscotch drops, skittles, pretty much any hard candy.

Don't know about anybody else, but the point of the mission, for me anyway, is just the fun of sharing with others and the geocoins (of course!). The candy is a cute addition (especially based on the reason it got started :laughing: ) but shouldn't cause stress...even one little piece of candy would suffice for me!

oke fooks....

i understand the worry about the candy melting as in some parts it`s summer.....

but i did missions before and as said before there is lots of candy that don`t melt so hard.....

if you don`t dare to send choco as it melts than maybe you can do lolly pops or gummy bears or hard candy something like that....

it`s all about the fun that we all will have and taste each others candy ;-)

List of the teams that join the mission...

Team Eccs21

Yangi

Steben6

DrNeal

Finlay & his Drudge

E&C plus 3

Fiery Searcher

Buckeye Vieuw

Usyoopers

Mamoreb

Six little spookies

hope i did`t forget anyone :unsure: :unsure:

Only 2 days to sign in for the mission :lol: :lol:

greetzzzzzzz Lorca.nl

here the list for the teams that join so far:

Team Eccs21

Yangi

Steben6

DrNeal

Finlay & his Drudge

E&C plus 3

Fiery Searcher

Buckeye Vieuw

Usyoopers

Mamoreb

Six little spookies

Laval K9

Getzie Family

only 13 hours to go for sign in

Greets Lorca.nl

Edited by lorca.nl

oke fooks the sign in time is closed....

the teams that play :

Team Eccs21

Yangi

Steben6

DrNeal

Finlay & his Drudge

E&C plus 3

Fiery Searcher

Buckeye Vieuw

Usyoopers

Mamoreb

Six little spookies

Laval K9

Getzie Family

Bartians

Lorca.nl

Everybody get his name very soon ...

If it`s oke everybody had his team for the candy mission ....

Time to go pick everything togther and have some FUUUNNNNN :laughing::laughing: :laughing:

if there are any problems please contact me so we can figger out a solution...

Edited by lorca.nl