Tiny Door In A Tree

SQL_Man

Very cool, you never know what you will find in the parks. But it's just as well that it wasn't a cache. It would probably get muggled thanks to the publicity.

There is a cache in a similar setting nearby. The CO has created a small nature preserve on his own land. I have brought visitors by to see it several times.

Edited by wimseyguy

This reminds me of a neighbor of mine who had a tree with a much bigger hole that reminded him of Winnie the Pooh. So he did the same thing and built a door for it and did other things to make it really look like Pooh's home. He told his grandchildren that they should see if Pooh was home. They loved it and my grandson loved it as well.

There is one in Minnesota that is a cache, GC16535

I knew someone from Minnesota would be on here. I'm from Minnesota and when I read "small door in tree" I immediately thought of one I've seen here. Wanted to know if that was the door we were talking about. However, even with us talking about the same state, I believe we are thinking of different trees. I know of one in a park where you would leave a letter and the creature who lived in there would reply. But they got rid of it with park updates...

I'm fairly sure that's the same one (GC16535). The cache was last found on Feb. 16, 2013 (and photographed just after Christmas), so it looks like it survived the park updates.

Fairy doors have been around a long time.

CJ and I wanted to place a series out a few years ago, but couldn't figure a way to keep the door attached without the cache police cachers crying foul.

Others seem to be doing okay...

Believe it or not, but I have been designing a cache for my First ever, and when i do mine its a little door like this as well in the nook of a tree, except ive designed mine to be a piece of wood that simply, Snugged into the space available, cut to shap of course. and a door cut out of then remounted into the hole you just cut, therefore the hing hooks to the wood you brought in, and attatching it to the tree has no adverse affects I.E. Holes. hope that helps with your ideas! Happy Caching.