Worst thing you've ever grabbed while searching?

Buzzy204

Just this past Sunday I had some snow fall into my shoe whilst I crossed a small sno bank to get at a cache....it was COLD!

I think I've learned more with this thread than all the other combined.

Carry a pokie stick.

Carry wet-wipes.

Carry Black Widow anti-venom.

Carry scorpion anti-venom.

Carry rattlesnake ant-venom.

Carry honey. (To draw ants away from the cache)

Carry tweezers.

Carry a blindfold. (To keep the possum asleep)

Carry a smoke bomb.

Carry sugar cubes. (To draw coons away from the cache)

Carry calomine lotion.

Get my hep vaccine.

Get my tenus vaccine.

Get a bigger backpack.

Thanks everyone!!!

:blink:

Plus extra batteries. If your GPS dies and you get lost, you may get eaten by a cougar.

Or buy a power monkey cheaper

Reached into the end of a gaurd rail to retreive a cache and felt something latch on my finger. :blink: Quickly pulled my hand back and there was a snake attached to it! Luckily it was only a Garter snake and they aren't poisonous but they do have sharp needle like teeth that break off when you whip a snake 10 feet off the end of you finger. I carry a mirror and flashlight now. :D

Luckily it was only a Garter snake and they aren't poisonous....

Technically they are poisonous. The venom-inducing fangs are in the back of the mouth, meant more for keeping the rat from wiggling on the way down than for self-defense. It's hard to get the mouth open wide enough to use those fangs in that way, but the story goes that a researcher discovered the hard way that garters are venomous, meaning that he got bit effectively.

Heroin needles. More than once, unfortunately. Thankfully not the pointy end.

We don't have those around here. Only ones used by addicts for oxycodone, suboxone, and meth. We did not have enough addicts in our area so now we have "treatment centers" to attract more drug addicts to our area from other States. :mad:

Yeah, can't say I've found them recently. It seemed to be more of an issue in German cities than US cities.

Luckily it was only a Garter snake and they aren't poisonous....

Technically they are poisonous. The venom-inducing fangs are in the back of the mouth, meant more for keeping the rat from wiggling on the way down than for self-defense. It's hard to get the mouth open wide enough to use those fangs in that way, but the story goes that a researcher discovered the hard way that garters are venomous, meaning that he got bit effectively.

Interesting. I've handled snakes for over 5 decades and I've never run across a venomous garter snake. Guess they're different in the South because I've been nipped more than once by them and nevr had any ill effects. Now the coral snake pictured above is another story. I've relocated a number of them very carefully.

Interesting. I've handled snakes for over 5 decades and I've never run across a venomous garter snake. Guess they're different in the South because I've been nipped more than once by them and nevr had any ill effects.

I've also been bitten by one with no ill effects. I don't think it's a regional thing. They're all venomous, as far as I know, but they're almost never successful at getting it into a person.

Almost forgot this blast from the past: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=c3f1ff99-a13d-4d04-b288-6256586e5d1b

An excerpt:

then I found what appeared to be a mini canned ham. At least, it was shaped like a canned ham. The label was gone, so I didn't know what was in it. The can had started to rust, and was swelling, so I figured I best remove it before it popped. I checked the log, but couldn't see where anybody had placed it. What to do, what to do?...When in doubt, do what's right. Took the can of unknown contents, left the Angelsomethingorother Travel Bug, a 1952 French 50 Francs coin, a 1957 English 1 Shilling coin, a 1950 Nederlanen 25 Cent coin, a 1966 Canadian 25 Cent coin, an Italian 100 Lira coin and a 1954 Letzeburg 25 Cmes coin.

And now for the rest of the story;

Those who know me, know that I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. I often do things that, in retrospect, were probably not very smart. This adventure was no exception. I got back to the hacienda, and the contents of the mystery can kept praying on my poor overworked brain. I had to know what was in there! At Viv's insistence, I took it outside, well away from the house, and yanked on the pull tab. OH MY GOD! The stench would've knocked a buzzard off a gut wagon at 50 paces! The contents looked like cut up squid parts, but I didn't look closely enough to be sure. After a few vigorous scrubbings, my hands have lost enough of the odor of rotten suishi to be allowed in the house.

Almost forgot this blast from the past: http://www.geocachin...88-6256586e5d1b

An excerpt:

then I found what appeared to be a mini canned ham. At least, it was shaped like a canned ham. The label was gone, so I didn't know what was in it. The can had started to rust, and was swelling, so I figured I best remove it before it popped. I checked the log, but couldn't see where anybody had placed it. What to do, what to do?...When in doubt, do what's right. Took the can of unknown contents, left the Angelsomethingorother Travel Bug, a 1952 French 50 Francs coin, a 1957 English 1 Shilling coin, a 1950 Nederlanen 25 Cent coin, a 1966 Canadian 25 Cent coin, an Italian 100 Lira coin and a 1954 Letzeburg 25 Cmes coin.

And now for the rest of the story;

Those who know me, know that I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. I often do things that, in retrospect, were probably not very smart. This adventure was no exception. I got back to the hacienda, and the contents of the mystery can kept praying on my poor overworked brain. I had to know what was in there! At Viv's insistence, I took it outside, well away from the house, and yanked on the pull tab. OH MY GOD! The stench would've knocked a buzzard off a gut wagon at 50 paces! The contents looked like cut up squid parts, but I didn't look closely enough to be sure. After a few vigorous scrubbings, my hands have lost enough of the odor of rotten suishi to be allowed in the house.

And now we know the full story behind the smelly hat.

Had a few encounters with dog poo, luckily on my boots and spotted before I got in the car. The goose poop on the other hand.........missed that and it is rank! Especially with the heater on in the car. It is usually not me that steps in it, but I always get asked if I'm the one responsible for the smell. What a cheek!

Have to say, the OP's post made me smile, I just imagined the look on that possum's face!!!