"Needs Maintenance" excludes "Found it"

Wild Utzel

Hi,

today I found two caches. Because their logs were full, I logged them with my smartphone as Needs Maintenance. Later at home I visited my profile and realized, that these caches are missing in my found list. What to do now? Do I have to log them a second time as Found It or will they be moved to my found list as soon as the maintenance flag has been removed?

Sorry for my bad english!

Happy caching

Wild Utzel

Be sure to post the "find" before the worst-case scenario where the "needs maintenance" cache is archived, when it may be too late to log a find! :huh:

Very few caches get 'Locked' after being Archived.

(Only Groundspeak* can lock the cache)

You should still be able to log, even if the cache gets Archived. :)

* Wondering if Reviewers can also lock a cache? I know a cache owner can't lock it! :huh:

Be sure to post the "find" before the worst-case scenario where the "needs maintenance" cache is archived, when it may be too late to log a find! :huh:

Most, but not all, archived caches can still be logged. Occasionally, one may run into a "Archived - Locked" cache, but they are few and far between.

There are many archived caches logged weekly, if not daily. I noticed one today, archived yesterday, logged as found today.

...just to clear up a potential misunderstanding....

I know that I am asking for trouble for saying it in this forum, but

If you have log sheets with you and add them to the cache, you can include that information in your FOUND log and you wont have to include a NEEDS MAINTENANCE log

I had a look at the 2 caches in question. They are button nanos. Can't add a new log to a nano. Not enough room.

Hi,

today I found two caches. Because their logs were full, I logged them with my smartphone as Needs Maintenance. Later at home I visited my profile and realized, that these caches are missing in my found list. What to do now? Do I have to log them a second time as Found It or will they be moved to my found list as soon as the maintenance flag has been removed?

Happy caching

Wild Utzel

Your English is not bad at all. I wish more native speakers would write as well as you do. You even get extra credit for using the correct form of "their."

If you have log sheets with you and add them to the cache, you can include that information in your FOUND log and you wont have to include a NEEDS MAINTENANCE log

Mention of needing a new logbook works for me. I certainly wouldn't delete your find.

Mention of needing a new logbook works for me. I certainly wouldn't delete your find.

uh?

Nah, I don't think this is too controversial.

If there's room for an extra log sheet and I have a piece of paper with me to add to the cache, I wouldn't see a need to log "needs maintenance" either. I'd definitely give the owner a heads up in the found it log, but if it doesn't need a visit from the cache owner, then it doesn't "need maintenance."

Hi,

Happy caching

Wild Utzel

Your English is not bad at all. I wish more native speakers would write as well as you do. You even get extra credit for using the correct form of "their."

+ 1

I thought your English good too!