Rescue the travel bug

GPickart33921

They won't publish it, the coordinates are N 43.28792, W 116.06311, I didn't know rules for hiding it, go get him out of there; he is under a sagebrush.

Pray tell, why did you hide it under a sagebrush? You found it in a cache.... that's where you should have placed it. It 'publishes' itself when you log it properly.

Good reading: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=10

The thread title states it is at a rest stop. I believe the coords listed in the first post ( N 43.28792, W 116.06311 ) should actually be N43 28.792 W116 06.311. My revised coords point an area near a rest stop.

I believe you're right. That puts it in the northbound rest stop, looks like Exit 63 on I-84.

ETA: I guess that's actually the westbound rest stop - odd numbered Interstates run north/south, even numbered run east/west.

Edited by The Jester

The thread title states it is at a rest stop. I believe the coords listed in the first post ( N 43.28792, W 116.06311 ) should actually be N43 28.792 W116 06.311. My revised coords point an area near a rest stop.

I believe you're right. That puts it in the northbound rest stop, looks like Exit 63 on I-84.

ETA: I guess that's actually the westbound rest stop - odd numbered Interstates run north/south, even numbered run east/west.

Good catch Momster!

Of course that is probably the one, but the original coords given end up quite a bit south of there alongside a road into some facility that looks like a quarry or mine site (maybe 20 miles south)... N 43 17.275, W 116 03.787.

Might help if we can figure out what the true coordinates might be. I'm going to work on that. They might have been hard to read, giving some alternate but similar numbers. This for IF the now corrected coordinates don't produce results. As in no sage brush at GZ or close.

Doug 7rxc

While not the one mentioned earlier, there are two caches at that rest area. Looks like there is lots of cacher traffic by there. GC1C8Y4 Gotta Go! and GC1VQTK Naturally with two more at the opposite side of the interstate.

Wonder how many 'could have' got it had they only known?

Wish it luck! Not able to do any travel Stateside right now, but it would be at least a doable trip from here. Where are the Boise cachers?

edit: added cache IDs.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

TB rescue complete. We went over this morning and found it easily, the coords were fairly

accurate. We found one of the two caches in the rest area so we will visit the TB to that cache

so it will get it's miles and will move him along shortly.

Yay team! Hope the OP notices the rescue.

Doug 7rxc