Don't want google maps

The Arkaroo

recently, premium members are directed to googlemaps greater maps, while regular members have the other (i think, openstreetmap). Caching in China, googlemaps is inaccurate and off by 500m, while the other is accurate. how to switch back to the non-premium member map?

regards, T.A.

recently, premium members are directed to googlemaps greater maps, while regular members have the other (i think, openstreetmap). Caching in China, googlemaps is inaccurate and off by 500m, while the other is accurate. how to switch back to the non-premium member map?

regards, T.A.

On the cache page, you can choose from a number of options:

For online maps...

Geocaching.com Map

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Yahoo Maps

Bing Maps

Open Cycle Maps

Open Street Maps

B.

I've said it before I just love how people have these ideas on what features there should be before they even look to see if those things exist.

Yeah... That's REAL easy to know that you have to select "leaflet"! Not exactly intuitive!

Give the guy a break! He was just asking, and that IS what this forum is for, isn't it?. "How Do I....?"

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I've said it before I just love how people have these ideas on what features there should be before they even look to see if those things exist.

Yeah... That's REAL easy to know that you have to select "leaflet"! Not exactly intuitive!

Give the guy a break! He was just asking, and that IS what this forum is for, isn't it?. "How Do I....?"

+1

Thanks for the hints. Works well! One could winch more... As some people do...

I had been wondering myself about being able to change to OSM and happened to stumble across this thread. It was helpful. I (and others) have been mapping trails in local parks where caches are located and uploadign to OSM.

I have a follow-on question. It appears that the default is Mapquest OSM. I would prefer OpenStreetMap Default. Is there any way to change this default selection so I do not have to change it each time.

Thanks.

Thanks for the hints. Works well! One could winch more... As some people do...

I had been wondering myself about being able to change to OSM and happened to stumble across this thread. It was helpful. I (and others) have been mapping trails in local parks where caches are located and uploadign to OSM.

I have a follow-on question. It appears that the default is Mapquest OSM. I would prefer OpenStreetMap Default. Is there any way to change this default selection so I do not have to change it each time.

Thanks.

I looked at this when GS changed the mapping page awhile back and from what I understand the Leaflet maps uses Mappquest OSM maps which are basically Open Street Maps with some additional features added. Unless those additional features are cluttering up the screen too much the Open Street Maps would actually provide less information.

I looked at this when GS changed the mapping page awhile back and from what I understand the Leaflet maps uses Mappquest OSM maps which are basically Open Street Maps with some additional features added. Unless those additional features are cluttering up the screen too much the Open Street Maps would actually provide less information.

Don't know if it's my area (oxfordshire, UK) but the Mapquest option does not have as many details as the OSM map.

It appears that the default is Mapquest OSM. I would prefer OpenStreetMap Default. Is there any way to change this default selection so I do not have to change it each time.

Bump time. What he said.

I've discovered I like the Leaflet maps more than the Google ones. But it's annoying that every time I open the maps, I'm back to the default again. Could you please throw a cookie and remember the map I chose last time? EG, if I chose Thunderforest Landscape last time, it'd be very helpful to have it this time as well.

Thank you.

EDIT: Oh shoot, they're not going to notice this gripe in the "How Do I" section; guess I'll have to repost elsewhere.

Edited by Viajero Perdido