geo blog I found

WOW! That might be the first blog I have ever read that had such an honest title. I honestly can not understand why they continue to cache after reading all that. I really loved the fact that they did an entire rant on cacher entitlement and then followed it up with a rant about how challenges are stupid because they can not qualify for the find. The only good thing I took from that blog was that they used metric measurement rather than English so odds are I will never have to run into them on the trail.

Shaved Ewok hit it right on the head. One minute she's complaining that if a cache isn't what you were hoping for, you shouldn't complain about it, just move on. Then in another rant she's complaining that she can't meet the requirements for a challenge cache so the CO shouldn't have created that cache. Which one is it? Apparently her rants only apply to others, not herself.

Overall it sounds like she does not particularly enjoy herself. Perhaps she should be the one to hang up her gps. After all, she may come across a cache that is no longer maintained and needs to be archived. Oh wait, "The cache owner did not promise a cool breeze, or solid gold swag,  bug repellant,or rest facilities at the GZ" and "to all those cachers with entitlement issues who whine ' your cache make me walk 3km to find a soggy logbook torn to pieces'  Remember; you chose to go find that cache, you saw it on the map, you knew it was a vitamin bottle, and you knew it was an extremely hot and humid day in the middle of mosquito season."

I'm so confused!

Shaved Ewok hit it right on the head. One minute she's complaining that if a cache isn't what you were hoping for, you shouldn't complain about it, just move on. Then in another rant she's complaining that she can't meet the requirements for a challenge cache so the CO shouldn't have created that cache. Which one is it? Apparently her rants only apply to others, not herself.

Overall it sounds like she does not particularly enjoy herself. Perhaps she should be the one to hang up her gps. After all, she may come across a cache that is no longer maintained and needs to be archived. Oh wait, "The cache owner did not promise a cool breeze, or solid gold swag, bug repellant,or rest facilities at the GZ" and "to all those cachers with entitlement issues who whine ' your cache make me walk 3km to find a soggy logbook torn to pieces' Remember; you chose to go find that cache, you saw it on the map, you knew it was a vitamin bottle, and you knew it was an extremely hot and humid day in the middle of mosquito season."

I'm so confused!

Naw, that's nothing. Pretty standard complaints heard around here, and that I've heard in person from many Geopals. Definitely not an "OMG, she needs to hang up her GPS and quit" moment for me. It is unique that someone choose to make "bitchy" the whole theme of a Geocaching blog, I suppose.

But as a sock, she's busted, big time!! The internet is so predictable, isn't it?

P.S. She's also busted as being Canadian, with all the metric system references in the post titled "Tne First rant". The only post that seems to be all over the place, by the way.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Well I'm sick and tired of people people posting their blogs. I mean if I wanted to read your blog I'd have found it by now without your help. And just because I don't read them, doesn't make me inadequate as a cacher. It's always the same people who are in the blogs, they just post them because they don't want to attend the events to bi*** about stuff.

I'll just go ahead and complain anonymously, and admit I don't attend events and talk about the problems. Maybe if you did attend an event you might find out some stuff that would solve some problems. Oh by the way you've been caching 3 years and complain that some caches need archived....Have you tried a Needs Archived log? Probably one of those people who expect everyone else to play how you want them to, but you won't play the same way.

Edit; This is directed at the blogger, not necessarily the OP.

Edited by T.D.M.22

What is it that makes people think that we want to read their rants and raves about whatever topic has their shorts in a wad today? Buck-up and deal with it.

Seriously? I thought that rants and raves are what makes these forums so popular.

What is it that makes people think that we want to read their rants and raves about whatever topic has their shorts in a wad today? Buck-up and deal with it.

Seriously? I thought that rants and raves are what makes these forums so popular.

Hey, thanks for a couple of posts so I wasn't a thread killer with my "not so funny, now that I look at it a day later, slightly offensive to Canadians" post. Which I've edited. No one quoted it, so it never happened. :ph34r:

Forums? Heck, I hear much more bitching out on group cache outings. Events? Well, not so much out in the open, but in the inevitable little group of people who know each other they eventually congregate into, then bitching happens. :)

Edited by Mr.Yuck