Premium Member Caches

Hello all, I did some searching and can't find the answer to my question, so I figured I would drop it here. We are premium members, we just got a few friends of ours into caching and they are loving it. While caching, I have downloaded all caches available, there will be premium only caches in there, if we are caching with friends who are not premium members can they claim their find and sign the log? Should I avoid those caches while out with them?

They can sign the logs.....but they can't claim a find online until they become premium members.

They can keep track of all the premium caches they've found and log them once they become premium members....or just sign the log and call it a day....

I wouldn't avoid any caches....Get out there and have fun!!

They can sign the logs.....but they can't claim a find online until they become premium members.

They can keep track of all the premium caches they've found and log them once they become premium members....or just sign the log and call it a day....

I wouldn't avoid any caches....Get out there and have fun!!

Wrong, just plain wrong. They can log those caches. The easiest way is with geocachingadmin.

I find it easier to use the map to get to cache info on the site myself, and when you click on the icon on the map the pop up info box contains a "log it" - so I prefer to use that.

The increased challenge produced by PM caches is interesting btw.

Edited by Blue Square Thing

Please review the link in my signature to determine when it is appropriate to discuss this matter.

I turn signatures off. I have no idea what your signature, or anyone else's, says. Could you perhaps enlighten me?

Yeah, that's starting to get old, AS. :o

Man, I hope the OP didn't just wait for the first response, and not come back to the thread. But that's the thing, the intentionally left open back door methods are not widely known by people who have never looked at the forums, and most people don't. Note that I did infer that it is widely known within the forums, Lieblweb. C'mon, just kidding. :lol:

Wrong, just plain wrong. They can log those caches. The easiest way is with geocachingadmin.

Wow, there's a work-around for everything.

But you still can't log them on geocaching.com because you can't access them with your non-premium account. And that's what I meant....

Yes, you can log them directly on geocaching.com.

Find the circle on the map, pop open the box and click Log It.

There is another way too, but that one is the easiest.

A couple well worn threads on the subject are linked in my signature. Bottom line, not only can non-members log online, they are encouraged too.

Sorry, but, from above:

I turn signatures off. I have no idea what your signature, or anyone else's, says. Could you perhaps enlighten me?

Ta.

Well, you're missing my 4 lines of wisdom then. :anicute: And shouldn't you be Red Square Thing?

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Sorry, but, from above:

Ta.

Yes, I saw that. Sorry. I looked and do not see how to turn them back on. Maybe someone else can help you fix it or a note to contact@geocaching.com.

Edited by baloo&bd

Yes, I saw that. Sorry. I looked and do not see how to turn them back on. Maybe someone else can help you fix it or a note to contact@geocaching.com.

Oh, I'm sure I could find out how to if I wanted to, but I almost always turn sigs off in any forum I use - sometimes avatars too (well, if they allow animated ones anyway). I find it makes it a lot easier to read the content.

Wow, there's a work-around for everything.

But you still can't log them on geocaching.com because you can't access them with your non-premium account. And that's what I meant....

It is not a workaround as it is intended that non PM can log PM only caches. There are different ways of writing logs directly on gc.com and some of these methods

work the same way regardless of the status of the cache.

Cezanne

Just include the link in the body if you're referring to it.

That's seems a bit redundant.

There is someone in AZ that will delete your log if you arent a premium member. :ph34r:

Having had that done in our area a couple times, were it to happen, GS would most likely reinstate the logs if requested to do so.

This "feature", which serves little to no purpose anyway, is misunderstood by many if not most members. MoC's were simply intended prevent "members" from seeing the information, not from logging the cache if found.

Oh, I'm sure I could find out how to if I wanted to, but I almost always turn sigs off in any forum I use - sometimes avatars too (well, if they allow animated ones anyway). I find it makes it a lot easier to read the content.
FWIW, if you like avatars in general (I like avatars and sigs because they help me keep track of who's who in the conversation), but don't like animated avatars, then the Adblock Plus plugin makes it easy to block specific animated avatars. I'm sure other ad-blocking plugins can be used as well.
FWIW, if you like avatars in general (I like avatars and sigs because they help me keep track of who's who in the conversation), but don't like animated avatars, then the Adblock Plus plugin makes it easy to block specific animated avatars. I'm sure other ad-blocking plugins can be used as well.

Worth knowing, although I tend to use Safari or Opera and don't know if that'd work on those.

I tend to keep avatars in place for exactly the reason you give - a convenient and quick way to spot who's said something. It's a convenient side effect of a red square as well fwiw :-)

That's seems a bit redundant.

Not if it contains the answer to the question that's being posed. In fact it'd probably take less characters than saying to look in your sig - arguably it's the sig that is redundant if half the time it's not relevant to the content of the message B)

Well, you're missing my 4 lines of wisdom then. :anicute: And shouldn't you be Red Square Thing?

It's irony, possibly. Or more probably politics. Or both.

Wrong guy, my signature is just 4 lines of stupid stuff, including a quote from the TV show American Dad. And looking back at my post later in the day, it sounds kind of rude. Trust me, just trying to be funny. :blink: I agree, they have us reined in pretty tightly here. I've seen some forums with some crazy stupid animated avatars, and some crazy stupid signatures (often animated .gif's for the sigs).

Wrong guy, my signature is just 4 lines of stupid stuff, including a quote from the TV show American Dad.

Ta - but t'other guys? Thanks anyway.

And looking back at my post later in the day, it sounds kind of rude. Trust me, just trying to be funny. :blink: I agree, they have us reined in pretty tightly here. I've seen some forums with some crazy stupid animated avatars, and some crazy stupid signatures (often animated .gif's for the sigs).

It didn't come across rude to me at all! :-)