anyone seen this?

Shouldn't geocaching logs have the same 'rules & regulations' similar to these forums - in terms of adult language and content?

The website should have word filters.... to change the word content when adult language is used. Unless the word 'bitches' is considered OK by Groundspeak (I personally think it should be filtered).

I've seen a very small amount of vandalism to one of my caches along with 4 other caches in its vicinity in Ontario, Canada as well. The culprit opened the containers, dumped the contents and left it all sitting in the open a few weeks ago. Luckily I'm in that park quite often and discovered the damage before anything was ruined. Just figured out who it is today when they decided to log what they did. After I deleted the logs, I received an email telling me how they're going to destroy my caches now. Thanks for the email, Groundspeak will love it!

My solution was to temporarily make all my caches in the area 'premium members only'. I don't recommend responding to people who vandalise caches, it will only encourage them further and you are falling into their game when you do so. It's much better to take the high road, say nothing, and let Groundspeak know so they can handle it appropriately.

But some these are premium caches guess they have another membership

Yeah, I just saw that. Unbelievable, eh?

So much for the idea that PMO will make caches safer.

B.

I don't know the facts in this case, but... with effort PMOCs can be found fairly quickly. Also wondering WHEN the caches became PMO, perhaps the listing was altered AFTER the vandalism. Another possibility is that they are using one of the 30 day PM bonuses that come from different sources, several companies offer that with new GPS, I'm not sure about trials with apps. I believe the trial version of the GC app originally allowed a few caches of any type per day in the trial period... etc.

Best bet is to go dark and let the kiddies have their fun, as well as the local cachers who are now watching closely. Don't feed the egos.

Doug 7rxc

But some these are premium caches guess they have another membership

Yeah, I just saw that. Unbelievable, eh?

So much for the idea that PMO will make caches safer.

B.

I don't know the facts in this case, but... with effort PMOCs can be found fairly quickly. Also wondering WHEN the caches became PMO, perhaps the listing was altered AFTER the vandalism. Another possibility is that they are using one of the 30 day PM bonuses that come from different sources, several companies offer that with new GPS, I'm not sure about trials with apps. I believe the trial version of the GC app originally allowed a few caches of any type per day in the trial period... etc.

Best bet is to go dark and let the kiddies have their fun, as well as the local cachers who are now watching closely. Don't feed the egos.

Doug 7rxc

My best guess is that the CO's did what I did and made the caches PMOC after the vandalism was discovered. I slightly changed the location and upped the difficulty on one cache that was hit.

Ugh! Using the term, "muggler" grates on my nerves. The word is "muggle", not "muggler".

My advice... stop feeding this moron. Spread the word locally to not log notes about it on cache pages. Don't give him the attention he seeks. Ask the mods to lock this thread and let it die a quick death. It will take time, but without attention, the "muggler" will get bored and move on to other attention-getting behavior.

I think the CO is making a big mistake by giving them the attention they want.

We had a very similar issue here a few years ago, and ended up figuring out who the culprits were and stopping the activity.

+1 I think it's a mistake all the attention cachers are giving them, including this thread. It's giving them exactly what they want.

they only feed their dumb behaviour by all the negative attention they get,

the only way to fight back is to IGNORE them !!

delete their logs, and all other comments too,

just disable, and write just needed service, no other "funny" comments,

soon they will feel bored, and find other hobby..

World is full of jerks. At some point in your journey your path will intersect theirs.

Your only really solace is karma gets them back.

...or a big stick :ph34r:

Honestly - I would use a tree mounted hunting camera to get a picture of them publicly urinating on private property then make a poster with that picture describing their deplorable acts. I would then go down to kinkos and make a 1000 copies that I would post all over town. Getting attention while cowardly hiding behind an internet account is one thing - getting laughed at by your peers (and elders) because your deplorable acts have been exposed is something totally different.

Besides a picture of the person in the act of will full destruction should be enough evidence for the police to take action.

World is full of jerks. At some point in your journey your path will intersect theirs.

Your only really solace is karma gets them back.

...or a big stick :ph34r:

Honestly - I would use a tree mounted hunting camera to get a picture of them publicly urinating on private property then make a poster with that picture describing their deplorable acts. I would then go down to kinkos and make a 1000 copies that I would post all over town. Getting attention while cowardly hiding behind an internet account is one thing - getting laughed at by your peers (and elders) because your deplorable acts have been exposed is something totally different.

Besides a picture of the person in the act of will full destruction should be enough evidence for the police to take action.

Bust 'em on a charge of Public Piddling. That'd be something to post on the interwebs for posterity...

*snip*

Bust 'em on a charge of Public Piddling. That'd be something to post on the interwebs for posterity...

Hey that's good! In some states "Public Urination" is treated like a sex offence - then those a-holes that were "piddling" in caches would be on the sex-offender registry! Would serve them right!

Wow, it's really pathetic that some folks get their kicks from behaving this way. I'm not a violent person but it would be compelling to crack skulls over something like this.

Like said above, placing a trail cam (with permission, of course) near the cache might give a chance to see their faces and hopefully have something to offer police.

Good luck

These sort of people usually get their kicks for a month or two doing this and moving on. As has already been said, remove any mention of their actions on the cache pages and they will bore more quickly. A simple "Cache is back in action" type note with no other acknowledgement is the right thing to do.

These sort of people usually get their kicks for a month or two doing this and moving on. As has already been said, remove any mention of their actions on the cache pages and they will bore more quickly. A simple "Cache is back in action" type note with no other acknowledgement is the right thing to do.

+1. Good advice.