Geopt Geocaching Tool

prodrive

The Geocaching.com site update 1/17/2012 included a new and useful tool:

LRgEw.png Geopt

Geopt Geocaching Tools is a set of tools that facilitates the uploading of multiple photos, easy construction of listings in html code, uploading logs through Field Notes, moving/discovering numerous Trackables simultaneously, managing Bookmarks, coordinate converter and a host of other features constantly updated. The application is free.

Photo Uploader - With this useful tool, you can upload easily and simultaneously, hundreds of photos in different logs, with just a click.

Field Notes Uploader - It's possible to edit, parameterize and customize yout field notes and, if you wish, submit your online logs, completely autonomous and automaticaly at geocaching.com website.

Listing Generator - A powerful and user friendly tool that allows you to create your HTML fancy cache listing with photos also. It’s available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese language. Now you don’t have any excuse for having sad listings, without pictures.

TB Logger - Allows you to simultaneously perform several types of logs to different TravelBugs and Geocoins. You can move simultaneously all your Trackables Collection from your inventory to your collection and vice-versa. Also allows you to discover hundreds of Trackables with just a click.

Bookmark Editor - Groundspeak Premium Members know the Great advantage that is the use of Bookmark Lists. Now, with this tool it became easier to edit any of our bookmarks, adding groups of caches to a list.

Coordinate Converter - Despite being a simple mathematical task, the coordinate conversion can by a headache, and a small mistake can put us in the wrong way to a cache. There can be no mistake in our latitudes and longitudes, we always need a conversion tool nearby and nothing better than have one in our favourite app.

Edited by prodrive

yes it's true! there's a lot of information in portuguese in geopt.org, as the main audience of the site are the portuguese geocachers. However there are some content available in english too, or if you want to look for the content in portuguese, use a browser that automatically translates it to english like chrome (like Walts Hunting suggested)!

if there are any doubts or suggestions regarding the app, just place them here, and we'll do our best to have them attended!

An update will be out soon (maybe tomorrow) in order to allow foreign geocachers to also have the automatic list of logs to upload photos! This is only possible from today as there was an update from Groundspeak to the Live API that included this option! A warning will be shown in the app when the update is available!

Thanks for the comment about us foreigners (strange to have that label applied to me) and the list of logs to upload photos since it didn't work for me and I was wondering where to go for more info. Will you post a note to this thread when it will work.

Also how do I get update notifications?

When I view your manual page in english it clearly tells how to use each feature.

update notifications will be shown in the app right under the Donate to Geopt.org button, as well as a link to the download page!

After the update is made available, the first time you run the app you will notice it ;) Just press the link and confirm that you want to update the app! The download page will open, and all you have to do is install the new version over the old one!

When I click on the icon or the url it comes up in english for me. Don't understand your comment.

The Geopt.org site itself seems to have a lot of geocaching information on it but is in Portuguese or something?

Don't click on the logo on this forum. Click at the link on the first posting (The Geocaching.com site update 1/17/2012)

and scroll down to that tool and click on that. It will take you to the main page. The OP linked the logo when it was in Portugal site.

Edited by jellis

When I click on the icon or the url it comes up in english for me. Don't understand your comment.

The Geopt.org site itself seems to have a lot of geocaching information on it but is in Portuguese or something?

Don't click on the logo on this forum. Click at the link on the first posting (The Geocaching.com site update 1/17/2012)

and scroll down to that tool and click on that. It will take you to the main page. The OP linked the logo when it was in Portugal site.

Ooops it still goes back to Portuguese. Well I will download it and hopefully will give me english.

That is too bad.. seems like a great tool but I can't read it to be able to even fill out the form and I don't see anywhere on the page to switch the language. Maybe when they fix it I will be able to do it.

i have no idea how the logo on the first post doesn't work for you or what form you're referring to but it works fine for me :unsure:

i see it in english and the download doesn't need me filling any forms

It's asking me to update Net Framework. Why?

Probably because it requires some feature in the .Net framework (which you already have on your system) which is only available in a more recent version of .Net then you have installed. Nothing nefarious going on here.

FWIW. "PT" is the official 2 letter country code for Portugal.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Load it and the app. I looked at the options, when I got to the Listings Generator I got this message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@geopt.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When you pressed the Listing Generator button, a webpage had opened right? Did that error happened right on that page, or when you clicked on some option on that page?

Yes a message you just saw but I did a compatibility and it is working fine now. but I still have to keep refreshing to translate.

This may work for others but for me it is too much work.

With the Listing Generator, just choose a template with English translation (with a [EN] under the image) and use it. To use it in english just click the [EN] link. No need to translate it, as it is already translated to several languages! Some templates don't have the English translation because they are to be used to create pages with two languages in it!

What do you mean by "the rest is not for me"??? I don't understand what's the problem...

Most of the other options I get from other sources. As I said it's just not for me.

For the others responding I am NOT saying anything bad about this tool. It's just not what I need.

That is too bad.. seems like a great tool but I can't read it to be able to even fill out the form and I don't see anywhere on the page to switch the language. Maybe when they fix it I will be able to do it.

I get it in English here in NC, maybe the west coasters are foreigners? B)

You need to read more posts before responding. That was old and all taken care of.

I tried that to but the rest is not for me. I will wait to see how this evolves. But for now it's not for me

I think there's nothing to change. The Listing Generator it's perfect the way it is :)

Was NOT talking about the Listing generator. At the time I had a problem with getting it to work which was fixed. I just don't need that tool. I have a couple tools I use and don't need another one.

I tried that to but the rest is not for me. I will wait to see how this evolves. But for now it's not for me

I think there's nothing to change. The Listing Generator it's perfect the way it is :)

Was NOT talking about the Listing generator. At the time I had a problem with getting it to work which was fixed. I just don't need that tool. I have a couple tools I use and don't need another one.

OK. I misunderstood your post :)

Most of the other options I get from other sources. As I said it's just not for me.

For the others responding I am NOT saying anything bad about this tool. It's just not what I need.

So I hope you can present me another application to upload photos in batch to my logs...

Not everyone needs a hammer.

Some of us like a screwdriver! :)

I also looked, and although it seems quite useful for some, I don't need these capabilities right now.

So I hope you can present me another application to upload photos in batch to my logs...

wouldn't know since I don't batch my photos. Maybe if I was doing them for events I would but I don't.

I will certainly find this tool useful, the photo uploader in particular. Our ADSL runs a little slowly sometimes, it will be great to queue the photo's and be able to walk away instead of sitting and waiting for them to upload individually. Hopefully that feature will become available to all of us in the update soon.

I think the TB feature will be cool as well, I look forward to trying it out.

There is a new update available! Those who installed the app, just need to open it and an update available warning will be shown. You can also download the setup file as usual from www.geocachingpt.com!

What's new? Possibility for "foreign" geocachers to get the list of logs to upload photos automatically! Added an option to define the max pixels to resize the pictures.

Try it and let us know of any problems!

It's not an advertisement. It's the geopt.org online tv. It shows videos related to geocaching only.

We'll take a look and see what can be done to improve this!!! We hope that the video wasn't enough for you not to try the app ;)

No, I will certainly try it. I guess my aversion to music that plays when a page is opened dates back to the days of .midi. Anyhoo, just a suggestion... let us decide if we want to listen to it.

Just finished uploading a bunch of images using this tool - worked extremely well and saved me a whole lot of time.

The only thing that I would like to see in a future version is that once you have finished selecting images for one cache and then move on to the next one is that you are returned to the same folder that you last used instead of My Documents. You currently have to re-navigate back to the folder that you last used. This feature would be useful particularly to those who keep thair days caching photo's in the same folder.

Just finished uploading a bunch of images using this tool - worked extremely well and saved me a whole lot of time.

The only thing that I would like to see in a future version is that once you have finished selecting images for one cache and then move on to the next one is that you are returned to the same folder that you last used instead of My Documents. You currently have to re-navigate back to the folder that you last used. This feature would be useful particularly to those who keep thair days caching photo's in the same folder.

If the first time you select images you select only one image (then you can go back and select all you want) the next times you press "Add Images" you go directly to the folder where it was that image.

This is a Windows bug!

this will be remade in the next version, so hopefully it will work better for you in those cases!