Welcome to the Geopt.org Geocoinfest Wacky Race.
It's a mixed race with coins and travel bugs around the world with wacky rules.
To participate, all you need to do is, until 17:30 (GMT) of August 4th, register your trackables on the Registration page available in the Wacky Race site. To do this, all you need to do is insert the trackable reference number (not the private trackable code) in the text box, and submit.
Your trackable must have 0 (zero) kilometers and the first movement can only be made after 17:30 (GMT) on the starting day of the race (4th of August). The race will end in about a year from its start, ending by 16:00 (GMT) of 3th of August of 2013.
At that moment, the race will be closed, and the following movements won't be taken in consideration.
The trackables inscription is limited to three by participant.
A Race passport is available here, and it should accompany every participant trackables.
The classification will be ordered by the following rules:
- 1 point for each kilometer (positive on even days, negative on odd days) made by distinct geocachers.
- 1 point for each found the geocacher that made the movement has at the time (positive on even days, negative on odd days).
- 5 points for each hide the geocacher that made the movement has at the time (positive on even days, negative on odd days).
- 5 points for each distinct cache the trackable has been(positive on even days, negative on odd days). The visited log won't be taken in consideration, only drop.
- 10 points for each movement with photos (discover and visited logs won't be taken in consideration), made by distinct geocachers (positive on even days, negative on odd days).
- 25 points of penalization for each visited log.
- 500 points for each distinct country visited (positive on even days, negative on odd days).
- 5000 points of penalization for each movement made by the owner of the trackable (exception for the first movement of the trackable made by the owner)
- 10000 points of penalization for fraudulent movements that vitiates the original spirit of the race (this penalty may be applied as many times as necessary).
- Only the first movement of each geocacher will be taken in consideration for the classification. The system will ignore all the following movements, whether consecutive or not.
- Every day, the following penalizations will be applied:
100 negative points for the 1st place
95 negative points for the 2nd place
90 negative points for the 3rd place
85 negative points for the 4th place
80 negative points for the 5th place
75 negative points for the 6th place
70 negative points for the 7th place
65 negative points for the 8th place
60 negative points for the 9th place
55 negative points for the 10th place
50 negative points for the 11th place
45 negative points for the 12th place
40 negative points for the 13th place
35 negative points for the 14th place
30 negative points for the 15th place
25 negative points for the 16th place
20 negative points for the 17th place
15 negative points for the 18th place
10 negative points for the 19th place
5 negative points for the 20th place
100 positive points for the last place
95 positive points for the 2nd last place
90 positive points for the 3rd last place
85 positive points for the 4th last place
80 positive points for the 5th last place
75 positive points for the 6th last place
70 positive points for the 7th last place
65 positive points for the 8th last place
60 positive points for the 9th last place
55 positive points for the 10th last place
50 positive points for the 11th last place
45 positive points for the 12th last place
40 positive points for the 13th last place
35 positive points for the 14th last place
30 positive points for the 15th last place
25 positive points for the 16th last place
20 positive points for the 17th last place
15 positive points for the 18th last place
10 positive points for the 19th last place
5 positive points for the 20th last place
To participate in the race, you can register your trackable here: http://www.geopt.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1090