Feb 29th Hides

geocat_

I just noticed that on my "Finds By Day of Cache Placement" grid that I only need 2 more days to fill it up. One of these days is Feb 3 but the other is Feb 29. I did a PQ to locate a reasonably close cache placed on Feb 3 but when I went to do the same for Feb 29, I found that the dates in the drop down do not include a "29" when the month of February is selected. Any way to find this information some other way?

I did a PQ to locate a reasonably close cache placed on Feb 3 but when I went to do the same for Feb 29, I found that the dates in the drop down do not include a "29" when the month of February is selected.

There's no way to do a PQ for just a month and day. It has to be the month, day, and year. Which year have you chosen? If you've chosen a year that wasn't a leap year, it correctly will not have a 29th of February. The only years that could have had a leap day cache hidden are 2004 and 2008.

OR...

You could just wait and attend an event or find one of the many caches that will likely be hidden this Feb 29.

I did a PQ to locate a reasonably close cache placed on Feb 3 but when I went to do the same for Feb 29, I found that the dates in the drop down do not include a "29" when the month of February is selected.

There's no way to do a PQ for just a month and day. It has to be the month, day, and year. Which year have you chosen? If you've chosen a year that wasn't a leap year, it correctly will not have a 29th of February. The only years that could have had a leap day cache hidden are 2004 and 2008.

OR...

You could just wait and attend an event or find one of the many caches that will likely be hidden this Feb 29.

OK, I must be getting old and/or crazy because I swear I tried that....now I did it again and you are correct. I had to put in the year of a leap year. Seems I was using the PQ like I cache, blindly, hahaha! Thanks!

I just noticed that on my "Finds By Day of Cache Placement" grid that I only need 2 more days to fill it up. One of these days is Feb 3 but the other is Feb 29. I did a PQ to locate a reasonably close cache placed on Feb 3 but when I went to do the same for Feb 29, I found that the dates in the drop down do not include a "29" when the month of February is selected. Any way to find this information some other way?

If your on platform 9 3/4 the 29th of February does appear on the drop down.

Just ran two Pocket Queries giving many results for caches placed on Feb 29th :) . The nearest :sad: for 2/29/08 is 80 crows or 100 driving miles away and the nearest for 2/29/04 is 100 crows or 120 driving miles away.

In the PQs I simple stated I wanted caches placed between 2/29/04 and 2/29/04 for the one query and between 2/29/08 and 2/29/08 for the other query.