Where is the world in Matt Stum?

GeoLobo

Does Matt Stum geocache? If so, what is his geonick?

Is there any public domain photo's of this man? I tried using google images, but could not see to find any images of him.

Who is this mask man? (just kidding, i know what his contributions to Geocaching are)

Who is Matt Stum???

Invented the word Geocaching. Got ticked off at this site for involuntarily adopting out one of his caches. May or may not still be ticked off all these years later. :P

I have removed both my Acorns and Hilltop caches. I have some fundamental differences with the way the game is being handled vs. how it was originally conceived. I was one of the very first cachers years ago and the atmosphere was very different and a lot less high profile. Hell, my Hilltop cache was stolen by this website. What's up with that? I wasn't even notified. Have fun, and look out for the Forestry Service...

Here you go. This is his profile His archival note for what looks like his only hide explains why he was mad. There was another hide, but as I said in the post above, it was involuntarily adopted out, so I have no clue where to find it.

I have a puzzle cache that depends on doing this kind of research, so I've got a few tricks up my sleeve:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ff5971aa-6994-4560-b3a8-68dce6a175ec

Aaaauuuurrggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Why did you show that to me???

They were thinking of using Planeteering!I never knew that!

Dang dang dang dang dang!

Oy. Glad we dodged that bullet.

HEY!

;)

LOL! I agree. It isn't as good a word. I had this nickname long before caching, and when I started it just seemed to fit. I think the idea of using 'planeteering' might have come out of the word 'orienteering'. (The sport of using topographical maps to run a course, punching a card along the way. Saw a set up in the woods the other day using an electronic tag attached to the marker flag.)

Here you go. This is his profile His archival note for what looks like his only hide explains why he was mad. There was another hide, but as I said in the post above, it was involuntarily adopted out, so I have no clue where to find it.

I have a puzzle cache that depends on doing this kind of research, so I've got a few tricks up my sleeve:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ff5971aa-6994-4560-b3a8-68dce6a175ec

\

Got a GC number for that puzzle cache? I once did a puzzle that involved discovering a fake user account which owned a TB that included a photo in it's gallery that provided a clue to another fake user account and that was just one of about a dozen mini-puzzles that had to be solved to get the final coordinates. There was a lot of fun research in that one.

Aaaauuuurrggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Why did you show that to me???

They were thinking of using Planeteering!I never knew that!

Dang dang dang dang dang!

Oy. Glad we dodged that bullet.

HEY!

;)

LOL! I agree. It isn't as good a word. I had this nickname long before caching, and when I started it just seemed to fit. I think the idea of using 'planeteering' might have come out of the word 'orienteering'. (The sport of using topographical maps to run a course, punching a card along the way. Saw a set up in the woods the other day using an electronic tag attached to the marker flag.)

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Our sport is "geocaching," we call ourselves "geocachers."

If it was "planeteering," then we'd be, well...

Captain_Planet_and_the_Planeteers_title.jpg

Got a GC number for that puzzle cache? I once did a puzzle that involved discovering a fake user account which owned a TB that included a photo in it's gallery that provided a clue to another fake user account and that was just one of about a dozen mini-puzzles that had to be solved to get the final coordinates. There was a lot of fun research in that one.

Sure thing... The cache is Original Colonists (GC1N4JB). I didn't remember until reading the cache page again just now that there's even a little shout out to Matt Stum a few paragraphs in.

(I'd love the GC number for the puzzle cache you're referencing as well... I love that kind of stuff.)