2-29 multi event and coin?

Doctor A

Since I missed out on personalizing colors for the 11-11-11 multi event, I want to be sure I'm on top of things this time. So I'm wondering if there are any plans on having a multi event for February 29th of next year with an associated coin? Seems like a pretty special day and I'd assume many people would plan events, especially since for many people trying to complete their caching "calendar", this is a critical day to get. Anyone know of anything in the works?

We have one set to go, and the event ready for publish when 90 days comes around. It is not so much a leap year coin as a grid complete. As a lot of cachers are missing only that day to complete the grid of all 366 days. If your interested it could be used as a mulit event.

From feedback in the Mngca forums it should be a large event.

That's what made me think it was a special day and should be recognized. I know it'll be the last day on my calendar that I need to complete, since as of now I'm only missing that and Jan 2nd, which I'll get this coming Jan. And I know quite a few people who even though this Feb 29th won't complete their calendar, they sure recognize that if they don't get it next year, then they can't complete their calendar for four more years. So I though a multi event coin would be a cool idea.

I thought this thread was about 2/29...not 12/12/12 ;)

Me too. I got so excited I almost wrote count me in for 2/29, 12-12-12 and 13-13-13!!!

I spoke to Bryan today about the 2/29 and Groundspeak are looking into ways to get the word out. I came up with: "Leap into Caching" "365 366 Caching" or "366 Days of Caching"

Me too. I got so excited I almost wrote count me in for 2/29, 12-12-12 and 13-13-13!!!

I spoke to Bryan today about the 2/29 and Groundspeak are looking into ways to get the word out. I came up with: "Leap into Caching" "365 366 Caching" or "366 Days of Caching"

How about "intercalary leap event" or "intercalary leap challenge" or "leap to the challenge" or "leap challenge" or "366 leap" or "366 intercalary challenge"- just some versions trying to get in the idea that the calendar "challenge" is probably involved.

How about "intercalary leap event" or "intercalary leap challenge" or "leap to the challenge" or "leap challenge" or "366 leap" or "366 intercalary challenge"- just some versions trying to get in the idea that the calendar "challenge" is probably involved.

We called our last one a "Quadrennial Celebration"

Well it looks like there's going to be a multi-event coin for 2-29-11. Look for details soon so you can start planning your event and your coin!

Here is the artwork for the coin we are making for our event. Is you are interested in joining us, in this coin for your event, please let me as soon as possible.

1c72964f-bc2b-4087-8c35-deb55b8f82b9.jpg

e1b055cb-0192-446e-83e8-bca1e1158b8e.jpg

Cute coin! Same coin or two different ones being planned?

Does that mean there will just be one coin available for that day? Cute design, btw! I've not done an event with a coin, but I would be interested in buying some for an event we might have.

I'm not sure either. I thought that Doctor A had one planned, Avorair and also Nosnow so I guess before I commit to any one I would need to have clarification on who is doing what and see the artwork as Atlanta Gal mentioned.

Does that mean there will just be one coin available for that day? Cute design, btw! I've not done an event with a coin, but I would be interested in buying some for an event we might have.

I'm not sure either. I thought that Doctor A had one planned, Avorair and also Nosnow so I guess before I commit to any one I would need to have clarification on who is doing what and see the artwork as Atlanta Gal mentioned.

I started this thread originally and Avorair did very nicely contact me and told me he'd thought about doing a coin for Feb 29th and asked me if I planned to do a coin. I deferred to his expertise since I didn't know if I was up to the challenge of organizing such an undertaking. So I guess the answer is that Avorair is working on some artwork for a coin and he and I did discuss designs for a coin, but this is separate from this one posted about by Nosnow. So there's no separate Doctor A coin and an Avorair coin, but it seems that maybe there are two coins in the works? I don't quite understand if Nosnow's is one that, like the 11-11-11 multievent coin, would allow different locations to select different coins- I'm not seeing too many colors that look like they could be varied on this coin design? That was the intention with the coin Avorair and I discussed- to make it like the 11-11-11 coin concept, where people could have individualized colors. So maybe Nosnow could clarify if he/she was planning their coin and then saw this thread and is offering to mint more, which would be identical, so that others could get the same exact coin to use at an event they might plan?

I believe NoSnow clarified that his coin is for the grid where you found a cache on every day of a year and is designed for those who are waiting for the 29th to complete their grid. He then asked if anyone else was hosting an event with that specific purpose and wanted to purchase some of his design shown (as shown) to let him know as soon as possible.

That's a little bit different than a typical multi-event coin. In fact, it's not a multi-event coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I believe NoSnow clarified that his coin is for the grid where you found a cache on every day of a year and is designed for those who are waiting for the 29th to complete their grid. He then asked if anyone else was hosting an event with that specific purpose and wanted to purchase some of his design shown (as shown) to let him know as soon as possible.

That's a little bit different than a typical multi-event coin. In fact, it's not a multi-event coin.

Thanks for your clarification, I missed something... :)

No, that is not a clear clarification of what I posted.

If anyone would like to use this as a group coin with their own colors, Please contact me.

I can step aside for this one and go with NOSNOW's posted artwork, less artwork for me to develop. With custom colors or all-the-same, makes no difference to me. Just need someone to step in and coordinate it.

No, that is not a clear clarification of what I posted.

If anyone would like to use this as a group coin with their own colors, Please contact me.

Sorry, that's how I read what you posted. While it's a great design, it doesn't really lend itself to our typical group projects. So I guess I'm out then.

Love the artwork and would like to get a couple but I don't think it lends itself to picking colors combinations. I use red, orange, yellow and black.

Guess I could make the frogs red and orange. If I was to get involved I would like to be able to pick a few colors for the calendar side.

:( Agreed. The coin is cute and suitable for the day but just isn't very customizable. :(

CF30

Love the artwork and would like to get a couple but I don't think it lends itself to picking colors combinations. I use red, orange, yellow and black.

Guess I could make the frogs red and orange. If I was to get involved I would like to be able to pick a few colors for the calendar side.

:( Agreed. The coin is cute and suitable for the day but just isn't very customizable. :(

CF30

I am not sure a coin has to be customizable, for most of the attendees they like what they can take home from an event. I found out there are lots of cachers trying to fill all the days in my area so it fits fine. It could also be conceived as a day to kick off trying to get all the days in a year!

CF30

I am not sure a coin has to be customizable, for most of the attendees they like what they can take home from an event. I found out there are lots of cachers trying to fill all the days in my area so it fits fine. It could also be conceived as a day to kick off trying to get all the days in a year!

That's true--didn't think of it that way. I have no idea how many in this area are working on it since there doesn't seem to be a challenge cache that I have found so far.

CF30

That's true--didn't think of it that way. I have no idea how many in this area are working on it since there doesn't seem to be a challenge cache that I have found so far.

I think there's such a challenge cache in my state, but for me, it's more wanting to fill in that calendar on my stats that show up in my profile. And that way if I am near such a challenge cache in any state, I'd be able to do it! So I think people who may not be actively trying to be able to grab a specific calendar cache are still interested in completing their calendars.

But if I was going to do an event in my area, it would be to commemorate finding a cache on that day. I would probably have many people at the event who haven't filled their calendar yet. So that coin really wouldn't fit.

I may actually host an event since there is rumor of a special icon for that day. But it would just be an event, no special coins.