Alabama search shows California Cache?

Pudman

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but on an AL. state search, I show an event cache for CA., second from the top.

It shows:

All Geocaches

State Search New Search

Total Records: 399 - Page: 1 of 20 Prev. << <[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]> >> Next

Icons (D/T) Placed Description Last Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/1) 19 Oct '03 Central Alabama Geocachers Meet & Greet by joefrog, Pudman&Pookie2 & Bubba Cache (GCGW5Q)

Alabama (United States)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1/1.5) 29 Sep '03 The Anza-Borrego Desert Cache Tour by Parsa (GCGZRM)

Alabama (United States)

Could yesterdays date of the event have anything to do with it?

Pudman

That happened because Alabama is the first state in the alphabet, and many geocachers are selecting Alabama by mistake when they fill out a new cache page submission. The approvers correct as many of these as possible, but a few slip through. We've suggested some minor programming changes that might solve the problem, but until then, when submitting a new cache please be careful and check over your cache page to make sure all the information is accurate.

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!

Yeah, I've been doing that a lot. The poor Alabama approver must be getting a lot of extra work.

It would be good if it went back to the way it used to be, with the default being blank, so it forces you to choose a state.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Yeah, I've been doing that a lot. The poor Alabama approver must be getting a lot of extra work.

It would be good if it went back to the way it used to be, with the default being blank, so it forces you to choose a state....

I haven't done this yet, but I can tell you that I will be doing exactly what BrianSnat is doing becaue I always forget to pick a state.

Sorry, I could have sworn I put in California. I updated the page so many times, that it perhaps reverted to the default at some point. Perhaps the field can be set at "nothing", and give an error message if a state isn't selected.

Parsa

[This message was edited by Parsa on September 30, 2003 at 12:07 PM.]

Same thing happened to me this week. I thought I put my new cache in California, but it showed up in Alabama. I edited and set to the correct state, but really thought I had done so to start with.....

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

sigavatar.gif

You think you have it bad. When searching new caches in Illinois from the main page, we get some cache in South Dakota hidden last year showing up as brand new in Illinois.

I thought that any changes made to the cache page had to be resubmitted for approval, and no more date changes were allowed. How did this one slip by?