Need help with cache name please

tracybug

I like to come up with clever names for caches and I am really stumped with this one so looking for some great ideas please! I have hidden a cache which is a mini ammo can so I wanted to try to include a reference to ammo can in the title ....any ideas??

Anything about the location that you might want to include in the title?

Or the hide itself?

I like to come up with clever names for caches and I am really stumped with this one so looking for some great ideas please! I have hidden a cache which is a mini ammo can so I wanted to try to include a reference to ammo can in the title ....any ideas??

Amminiville horror! :laughing:

"A "creative" cache I bought off the internet".

Or.

"You've probably seen hundreds of these".

Nah, Just Kidding.

I've seen at least 15 of these caches so far. Good the first time, but really become "meh".

Anyway, i've never seen anyone give them a creative name, they usually do a small mention in the description about how its an ammo box without giving away the size.

thanks everyone for your suggestions! I know that someone mentioned these have been used too many times before, but I have never seen one in my area so thought it would be something different to hide.

Yeah, I didn't mean it as an insult. Creative caches are regional. I've seen nearly 20 of those fake electrical plates attached to a lamp post, or those things that measure electricity. However, in some area's they are unheard of.

On the same front, I've only ever seen one fake fence post cap, so a few more of them could be needed.

If you don't have any in your area, go for it! My first one was great!

thanks everyone for your suggestions! I know that someone mentioned these have been used too many times before, but I have never seen one in my area so thought it would be something different to hide.

Hi Tracybug!

Hey, yeah, there's not too many of those in "our area". B)

We've found one. I knew what it was beforehand, but didn't tell my husband. It's a hoot when you find the ammo can.

I wouldn't put anything in the name to give it away. Or on the cache page. But that's me, eh? :D

Hi Tracybug!

Hey, yeah, there's not too many of those in "our area". B)

We've found one. I knew what it was beforehand, but didn't tell my husband. It's a hoot when you find the ammo can.

I wouldn't put anything in the name to give it away. Or on the cache page. But that's me, eh? :D

I agree, but do tease them a bit. Tell them it is, "an ammo box". But don't tell them the size.

I think that's what the one we found does...mentions an ammo can, but the size listed is "unknown". If you don't look up at the "size", it works out great. :laughing:

The cache page even lists the original contents. Doesn't specify the size of those contents, though. :laughing:

As I said, I knew about it because I had read the previous logs, and it wasn't hard to figure out what we would be looking for. It was fun for hubby to find the cache.

Apparently a lot of other people enjoyed it, too, going by the logs and the fact that the cache has 3 favorite points.

Edited by Pup Patrol

So if I decided to allow the first person to name the cache, will the publisher allow me to change name after its already submitted?

That's an interesting "FTF prize". :D

As far as I know, yes, you can change the name of your cache as often as you like.

The entire cache page can be edited after being published, in fact.

Soldier Ants' Armory / Soldier Ant's Ammo

?

Edited by I!