Partnership Cache?

From the Knowledge Books:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=121

In May 2011,we added a new attribute:

sponsored-yes.gif

The "sponsored cache" attribute is awarded to geocaches developed in partnership between Groundspeak and another company. Groundspeak works to provide a limited number of entertaining sponsored caches in order to bring another element of fun to the activity. Many geocachers have enjoyed sponsored cache programs, from the old Project A.P.E. series to the new and family-friendly PBS Dinosaur Train Geocaching series.

Edited by Pup Patrol

sponsored-yes.gif

The "sponsored cache" attribute is awarded to geocaches developed in partnership between Groundspeak and another company. Groundspeak works to provide a limited number of entertaining sponsored caches in order to bring another element of fun to the activity. Many geocachers have enjoyed sponsored cache programs, from the old Project A.P.E. series to the new and family-friendly PBS Dinosaur Train Geocaching series.

Now how in the heck did I miss that!? Sheesh!

Thanks, Pup!

That's the first time I've ever heard of that.

Maybe it's a new cache type that allows 2 different cachers to be the owner of a cache.

Or maybe it's a cache that is places in partnership with Groundspeak and another entity, like a municipality or land managers etc.

Or not.

Whoops...looks like somebody posted the answer while I was writing my post.

Edited by R.O.B

sponsored-yes.gif

Thanks, Pup!

They probably slid itin at the same time as the human travel bug tattoo icon.es, there really is one.

The funny thing is, I went to the Knowledge Books and looked at that very page before I posted. I have NO idea how I missed that whole section. Clearly I missed some of my meds! :laughing:

Well, I guess I should reveal the secret:

I did a search for "partnership" in the Knowledge Books and that's how I found that article.

:anicute:

I find it confusing that the "Dinosaur Train" series is specifically listed in the description of the "sponsored cache" attribute, but if you look at any of the caches in the Dinosaur series, none of them have this attribute.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=68d9d9b7-2756-4fb1-ade7-cb77172bb6f1

Is this an attribute the sponsor gets to add, or is this only something a reviewer or TPTB can add???

By the looks of it, it is "awarded" to caches, so couldn't those of us looking for a partnership cache start nominating the Dino series caches near us to the higher powers?

sponsored-yes.gif

Thanks, Pup!

They probably slid itin at the same time as the human travel bug tattoo icon.es, there really is one.

Here ya' go. Here's the Timberland Trail of Heroes cache in Germany. This promotion was in Europe only, and is widely popular over there. Just kidding, angry anti-partnership caches European cachers practically broke the UserVoice feedback site, back when that was still around. :unsure:

There's about 6 or 7 other ones in other Countries, but I see no one has even so much as made a bookmark list of them. Just keyword search Trail of Heroes.

Sooooo....this is the only attribute that I don't have. Sounds like something I should have, as I've found at least one dinosaur train cache, have found one APE cache, and even a few official Boy Scout caches (from the 2010 100th anniversary collaboration between the BSA and Groundspeak.) How do we get those caches (I think the dinosaur one would be easiest) to add that attribute?

Sooooo....this is the only attribute that I don't have. Sounds like something I should have, as I've found at least one dinosaur train cache, have found one APE cache, and even a few official Boy Scout caches (from the 2010 100th anniversary collaboration between the BSA and Groundspeak.) How do we get those caches (I think the dinosaur one would be easiest) to add that attribute?

Are you confusing these for souvenirs? You get a souvenir for finding caches. Souvenirs are awarded when you find a cache in a new country, province/state, attend a Mega event, things like that. An attribute is an...description would be a good word. It gives you info on the cache, such as a flashlight being required, long hike being involved, or a cache being child friendly.

You don't really get anything for finding caches with certain attributes, except toaybe qualify for a challenge.

This is my last "positive" attribute to obtain and not finding one within 500 mi of Denver. Seems like there are not many that exist. Has anybody ever seen or found a cache with the Partnership (two grasping hands) attribute?

I see a Partnership attribute partnership-yes.gif and a teamwork required attribute teamwork-yes.gif

I did pocket queries for both. There are 3 caches within 500 miles with the Partnership attribute. They're placed by Parks Canada. There are 980 caches with the teamwork required, including one that is 1.1 miles from me. It looks like most of them are caches which, although not required, are best found with another cachers. The one nearby requires going through a cave and the cache listing "recommends" not doing it alone.

Over in the "All Nations" forum section there are several threads about "exchange caches". I've never found one but I gather that it involves two caches in different locations where one needs to partner up with another geocacher to provide information to each other necessary to find a cache locally. I did a search for exchange cache and found one that involves a cache in Connecticut and one in Wisconsin. It also use the teamwork required attribute.

What you can't see in that partnership cache attribute is the hundred dollar bill in between the two hands.

Dagnabbit! Found my first Dinosaur Train cache in Downtown Philly last month, and there's no attribute. I want my attribute! Where's my attribute? (just kidding, couldn't care less). But this here Partnership cache does some to be an extremely rare one. And I think there may in fact be a $100 bill in between those two hands. :P

Dagnabbit! Found my first Dinosaur Train cache in Downtown Philly last month, and there's no attribute. I want my attribute! Where's my attribute? (just kidding, couldn't care less). But this here Partnership cache does some to be an extremely rare one. And I think there may in fact be a $100 bill in between those two hands. :P

A couple of years ago I was asked to, and gladly archived one of my caches to open up a spot for a Dinosaur Train cache (it's at a Paleontology museum). I thought it would have shown up on the PQ I did but the only ones within 500 miles are up in Quebec.

I have no idea what attributes I have or don't have (other than my good looks and charming personality).

I see a Partnership attribute partnership-yes.gif and a teamwork required attribute teamwork-yes.gif

I see the same three caches in my query. But I don't see the Attribute being availabel when I "Edit Attributes" for my caches. What's up with that?!

Over in the "All Nations" forum section there are several threads about "exchange caches". I've never found one but I gather that it involves two caches in different locations where one needs to partner up with another geocacher to provide information to each other necessary to find a cache locally. I did a search for exchange cache and found one that involves a cache in Connecticut and one in Wisconsin. It also use the teamwork required attribute.

Here are two in Rhode Island:

Between Newport, RI & Kinsale, Ireland

Rhode Island and Hawaii

You can come on down and do those, and if you bring your kayak you can join us and get lei'ed with the Armada.