QEF?

Since joining this game/hobby/obsession I have learned a plethora of new acronyms but this is the first time I have seen this one and I'm stumped.

My only guess is Quick Easy Find. Can anyone validate that?

I know I've only been caching for a year and a half with 550ish finds but I have probably read at least 2,500 logs and have never seen this one before. It apeared on one of our caches twice in the same day by 2 different cachers...

Is there a list of all of the geo-acronyms floating around?

You also need to bookmark geolex.

Do we really need two threads on this today? :unsure:

Ruh-Roh, no "QEF" there. Nothing with a Q at all, as a matter of fact. And from this thread I'm told it's used Central Ontario, The UK, and California? I for one have seriously never heard this before today. :o

I'm not in any of those places and I see it every day.

Ruh-Roh, no "QEF" there. Nothing with a Q at all, as a matter of fact. And from this thread I'm told it's used Central Ontario, The UK, and California? I for one have seriously never heard this before today. :o

I'm in one of those places and I've never seen it. (But I do know what it stands for.)

MrsB

I'm in one of those places and I've never seen it. (But I do know what it stands for.)

MrsB

Well, it's not in the GeoLexicon, so there! And although I've never seen or heard of anyone using it, yes, I would have figured it out pretty quickly. :D

Timely topic as I stumbled across QEF for the first time while on vacation on Vancouver Island a couple weeks ago. I had never seen it used before.

I figured out via its context that it was "quick easy find" but it had struck me as a regional thing. I guess it is regional, just in more regions than I thought!

I've never heard it used in Lower California.