Paleocaching

This article has nothing to do with geocaching, except that the following gave me pause:

The tablets [i.e. pills], which have miraculously survived being under water for more than two millennia ... were found in 136 tin-lined wooden vials on a 15m-long trading ship which was wrecked about 130BC off the coast of Tuscany.

And yet we seem to have difficulty keeping the inside of a plastic container dry for six months on dry land.

OK, granted, no one was coming along and taking the tops off these pill containers and then trying to put them back on upside down.

Maybe the point is for us to write passive-aggressive comments about the OP's post!

Or maybe it's actually something we should take a look at, consider why it's here, and respond in a more welcoming manner. I think the topic is interesting. Many Geocachers don't put the time or effort into placing a waterproof container, when clearly this was not a problem for people who wanted to keep their pills dry--over 2,000 years ago! So what's the point? Put some effort into your caches to keep the contents dry. I don't see anything wrong with that suggestion. :)

Maybe the point is for us to write passive-aggressive comments about the OP's post!

Maybe the point is the OP was suggesting that geocachers aren't trying hard enough to keep water out through this line:

And yet we seem to have difficulty keeping the inside of a plastic container dry for six months on dry land.

Maybe the point is the OP was suggesting that geocachers aren't trying hard enough to keep water out through this line:

And I think we can all agree with that statement.

This article has nothing to do with geocaching, except that the following gave me pause:

The tablets [i.e. pills], which have miraculously survived being under water for more than two millennia ... were found in 136 tin-lined wooden vials on a 15m-long trading ship which was wrecked about 130BC off the coast of Tuscany.

OK, granted, no one was coming along and taking the tops off these pill containers and then trying to put them back on upside down.

Wow! Interesting article. I'd like to find containers that work that well. Wonder if we'll ever find out exactly how those containers were constructed heh, be pretty cool to replicate.

Unless we can figure out a way to use the information in that article to keep water out of containers I don't see what the point is.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

All features, functions and areas of the geocaching.com website, including the Groundspeak Forums (http://forums.Groundspeak.com), are governed by this Agreement and are also subject to such additional terms and conditions as Groundspeak may, from time to time, publicize. To participate in the Groundspeak Discussion Forums, you must be 18 years or older.

Personally, if the forum moderators were already skirting the rules by allowing me to post here, I think I'd be very careful about what I said.

Unless we can figure out a way to use the information in that article to keep water out of containers I don't see what the point is.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

All features, functions and areas of the geocaching.com website, including the Groundspeak Forums (http://forums.Groundspeak.com), are governed by this Agreement and are also subject to such additional terms and conditions as Groundspeak may, from time to time, publicize. To participate in the Groundspeak Discussion Forums, you must be 18 years or older.

Personally, if the forum moderators were already skirting the rules by allowing me to post here, I think I'd be very careful about what I said.

Wow... that is low.

Has AS said how old he(?) is? Looks ~14 from the photo, though ability to construct well-formed sentences suggests the photo may be misleading. (Confession: I am not actually a cat.)

Has AS said how old he(?) is? Looks ~14 from the photo, though ability to construct well-formed sentences suggests the photo may be misleading. (Confession: I am not actually a cat.)

Check his Twitter account. He's 15