We are magic :D

So.... On a walk we Stumbled into treasure. excited isn't the word. We are both "treasure hunters" and free spirits so we feel like finding this random box of goodness just adds to our story of our beautifull life! We had never heard of the game before and set out on an adventure like we always do.... the winds just wanted us to find the treasure. It was well concealed. Cassidys' eyes shined as she read the letter. WE FOUND TREASURE! The box contained toys and a pair of glasses as well as a log book... We removed the glasses symbolic that we see the world for what it truly is and added a "mardy gra" style mask symbolic of the fact that we found each other and don't need mask anymore. Even tho this is meant for everyone I feel like it was a treasure just for us. WE are Winning.

We Hope your days are filled with grins and anything else that makes you feel at peace. It truly is a perfect storm if you Let. It. Rain.

Cassidy and Blake Devoure

"PerfectStorm"

So.... On a walk we Stumbled into treasure. excited isn't the word. We are both "treasure hunters" and free spirits so we feel like finding this random box of goodness just adds to our story of our beautifull life! We had never heard of the game before and set out on an adventure like we always do.... the winds just wanted us to find the treasure. It was well concealed. Cassidys' eyes shined as she read the letter. WE FOUND TREASURE! The box contained toys and a pair of glasses as well as a log book... We removed the glasses symbolic that we see the world for what it truly is and added a "mardy gra" style mask symbolic of the fact that we found each other and don't need mask anymore. Even tho this is meant for everyone I feel like it was a treasure just for us. WE are Winning.

We Hope your days are filled with grins and anything else that makes you feel at peace. It truly is a perfect storm if you Let. It. Rain.

"PerfectStorm"

Free spirits? :o

Great adventure!

I'd be interested too in what you left behind in the cache to help continue the spread of the spirit of adventure and surprise.

They left the mardi gras mask and a positive and enthusiastic story of their surprise adventure and discovery. Sounds like their glass is most likely always at least half full. That's a good thing. :D

"PerfectStorm"

That's great! Glad you had a good time, always good to read someone's perky enthusiasm. You're going to log your find on the cache page, right?

Happy caching! :D

That's great! Glad you had a good time, always good to read someone's perky enthusiasm. You're going to log your find on the cache page, right?

Just a thought. Do caches tend to include their GC ref? I have only found 6 so far and don't recall whether they contained the ref as I wasn't looking for it, but if a muggle were to stumble upon your cache they would need the GC ref to log their find (if they were so inclined). Is it common practice to include this? (Just planning ahead for when I get around to hiding my own caches)

Just a thought. Do caches tend to include their GC ref? I have only found 6 so far and don't recall whether they contained the ref as I wasn't looking for it, but if a muggle were to stumble upon your cache they would need the GC ref to log their find (if they were so inclined). Is it common practice to include this? (Just planning ahead for when I get around to hiding my own caches)

I've seen a reference on/in less than +/- 20% of caches I have found.

Plus they wouldn't *need* a GC reference. They can look at a map on geocaching.com to find the cache by location.

Most of the caches I've found that have a log book (as opposed to a simple log sheet) have the GC code on the front cover or on the first page. Less than half of the log sheet type have the GC code at the top of the sheet.

Caches that are big enough often have a GC sticker on the outside with the GC code.

Your local mileage may vary...

Most of the caches I've found that have a log book (as opposed to a simple log sheet) have the GC code on the front cover or on the first page. Less than half of the log sheet type have the GC code at the top of the sheet.

Caches that are big enough often have a GC sticker on the outside with the GC code.

Your local mileage may vary...

Alternatively, anyone could look up the caches on the map and go by location and name or description.

Plus they wouldn't *need* a GC reference. They can look at a map on geocaching.com to find the cache by location.

Unless they've stumbled upon the container for a unknown cache, a multi-cache final, or a cache that was only listed on another service.