Premium Member Forum glitch?

Forgive me if this isn't the right forum, but I recently added myself to the ranks of paid Premium Members along with my wife's PM status. I don't log any hides or finds under this account, we do everything under hers.

Now that I'm PM, it shows on the forum and in my profile that I am a "Premium Member", I can create PQ's etc, however I am not part of the "group" of Premium Members in the forums, only "Members". Specifically, I am unable to access and read the OT forum.

I have tried logging out and back in, both on the GS site and the forums under this account, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas how to re-set everything properly so I can become part of this secret handshake group of "Premium Members"? :ph34r:

Or do I need to email the Lackys?

Thanx...

Typically just logging out of the forums and back in should do it.

Might try logging out of the forums. Then re-enter the forums via the link in the main site and logging in again.....

Tried that. And cleared the cookies. Nothing.

...BTW - heading up your way this weekend. Going to do a little caching in Rapid and the Hills.

Cool. Lots of new caches around here. We have some new ones scattered around as well. You're always welcome to seek them out too. :D

Typically just logging out of the forums and back in should do it.

Might try logging out of the forums. Then re-enter the forums via the link in the main site and logging in again.....

Tried that. And cleared the cookies. Nothing.

...BTW - heading up your way this weekend. Going to do a little caching in Rapid and the Hills.

Cool. Lots of new caches around here. We have some new ones scattered around as well. You're always welcome to seek them out too. :D

Hmmm - might try a few days waiting and then use the contact address.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think you and yours have found a few of my hides scattered up that way. I'll seek out some of your hides if I can.

Thanks StarBrand. Although it's been since Sunday since I upgraded, I'll wait a few more days... unless someone else pipes in with a solution before then.

And yes, I think we've found all of yours here in SD with the exception of Hot Springs. Not that we didn't find it, we just haven't got to it yet. I'm sure we will sometime this summer, however.

I believe you have to log out and then enter the forum from the link on GC.

Thanks... I've done that now several times. Logged out of both GC and the forums, then logged back in, clicked the link on the left, and logged into the forums. Still no update. I've even cleared the cookies.

D

Must be something on your end since I see you here in the forums as a premium member.

This is what I see (right now) for the folks mentioning problems:

DadOf6Furrballs

Premium Member

Group: Members

TreasureFerret

Geocacher

A & J Tooling

Geocacher

And what is showing for me:

Pup Patrol

Ontario, Canada

Group: +Premium Members

We had a premium membership a few years ago, but didn't renew it. I still showed as a Premium Member in the forums, and could still patricipate in the Off Topic forum, but that was the only PM benefit that remained. We couldn't see PMO caches, or get the "favourites" points, etc.

My current premium membership became effective 04/04/2011, and it showed up as such when I logged in via the "Hide and Seek a cache" page: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/

Edited by Pup Patrol

Are you guys logging out of the forums or just GC.com? I guess they are on different servers and something about how they interact means you have to log out of the forums and back in for changes to take effect.

Yes, I have totally logged out of both, deleted the cookies, and logged back in. Tried just the forum alone, no update. Tried logging into GC.com, then on to the forum from the left side link. Tried every variation of logging in and out I can think of. Nothing. Wash, rinse, repeat. There's something between the two servers that isn't syncing correctly, I'm assuming. I can't seem to force the issue no matter what I do.

In the end, it's no big deal I guess, but it would be nice if it all just worked properly.

Well, count me in on this bug, too. Been a PM since the last week of March.

I've logged in on three or four computers in multiple browsers and logged out once or twice too.

*shrug*

I don't have the answer, but a simple theory that they don't update that status very often. I've been paying by the month (not yearly) since February, 2004. Twice in that time, I've had whacky pay pal screw ups where I lost my premium membership for a few weeks or a month before I noticed. Never once did the status of premium member here in the forums get changed. And believe me, I've rarely missed a single day of at least looking at the forums since 2005. Which is kind of disturbing, now that I think about it. :blink:

Mine took, what seemed like, a month or more. Then one day after I posted I noticed that it said premium member under my name. I wouldn't worry. It will happen.

Are you currently a PM, Running Crazy? Because the "group" under your avatar says "members":

Running Crazy

Premium Member

This is how my information was displayed for all the time that we weren't PM. Forum permissions are different, and I was still able to read and post in the Off Topic forum. People assumed I was actually a PM, when I wasn't.

For caching purposes, your "group" needs to be "+Premium Members".

I don't have the answer, but a simple theory that they don't update that status very often.

My theory is rather that they don't update it at all. It used to do it when you follow the "forums" link on the main page, but ever since the forum update it stopped doing that. I could get my signature to update by logging out and in, but I guess the member group isn't part of what gets updated there.

Mine took, what seemed like, a month or more. Then one day after I posted I noticed that it said premium member under my name. I wouldn't worry. It will happen.

Are you currently a PM, Running Crazy? Because the "group" under your avatar says "members":

Running Crazy

Premium Member

This is how my information was displayed for all the time that we weren't PM. Forum permissions are different, and I was still able to read and post in the Off Topic forum. People assumed I was actually a PM, when I wasn't.

For caching purposes, your "group" needs to be "+Premium Members".

Yes, I am a PM. Since January 2011.

How do I change my group setting? I am a PM.

That's kinda what this whole thread is about. :D

You can see PMO caches? You have favourites points to give to caches? You can use the Pocket Queries?

Answering "yes" to those means you are a Premium Member, and that your forum "group" should say "+Premium Members"

As I said earlier, our account was PM for a year, then we didn't renew. The forum title, where I've now got "Ontario Canada", still said "Premium Member", and I could still access the Off Topic forum, even though we were no longer PM's. But the "group" title remained "members" and we no longer had access to PQ's, PMO's, or even our bookmark lists.

On April 4th of this year, my payment went through and we were once again PM's. My forum profile was updated immediately. (As was our profile info on the Geocaching site, of course.)

Edited by Pup Patrol

How do I change my group setting? I am a PM.

That's kinda what this whole thread is about. :D

You can see PMO caches? You have favourites points to give to caches? You can use the Pocket Queries?

Answering "yes" to those means you are a Premium Member, and that your forum "group" should say "+Premium Members"

As I said earlier, our account was PM for a year, then we didn't renew. The forum title, where I've now got "Ontario Canada", still said "Premium Member", and I could still access the Off Topic forum, even though we were no longer PM's. But the "group" title remained "members" and we no longer had access to PQ's, PMO's, or even our bookmark lists.

On April 4th of this year, my payment went through and we were once again PM's. My forum profile was updated immediately. (As was our profile info on the Geocaching site, of course.)

I have tried everything, cleaning out the cookies, logging out and back in to be member of the PM group. I can not get to the off topic forum, but I can do PQ's everything else.